Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, need help with an electrical fault on my 2004 e46 convertible,when i switch on my ignition the seatbelt light keeps flashing,brake lights stay on, no horn,no stereo, and no power hood. If i continually turn key on and off it eventually clears and all works, i presume i need the ignition switch,does anyone know if the convertible model has a different ignition switch to the saloon ?? Now asking a really hard question! Does anyone know the part number i require? Thanks for your time guys.Adancelord

·
Retired USAF MSgt
546 Posts
Hey Adancelord, check out www.realoem.com, enter your last 7 characters of your cars VID, It will bring up your cars info. Found it under steering, then steering column
32307197330 it shows $101.78 US.
Glasgow, cool city! Do they still put traffic cones on the heads of those statues in downtown? :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Mate, thanks for the info, problem solved,fitted new ignition switch and all is good! Yes we have the statue with the cone on its head, does'nt every city LOL, the sad thing is its more famous that many of our other landmarks with tourists.
Anyway i hope i can return the favour at some point,thanks again. Hugh

1 - 3 of 3 Posts