Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Other

Votes: 56 50.5%
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Multiple choices... Pick the items that have failed on your E46.
List "others" such as rattles and other sounds including location and repair. Describe your feelings about the repair as in how the dealer treated the claim and their success in doing the repair.

I'll go first - I have had the HK Rattle (fixed it myself) and the Window trim failure which the dealer fixed but did not reinstall the rear side panel properly nor the A pillar cover and I had to correct them myself. I also had a squeaking sound from the passenger door and was able to deaden it by wedging a piece of material between the door panel and the metal part of the door in the bottom right corner. It seems the sound was made by the factory protective plastic that remains after the dealer removes the visible portion of it.

Oh, I've also had the sticky pedal but have not attempted to have it fixed by the dealer.

·
Formerly CCs328Ci
1,460 Posts
the others I checked are from several rattles, two in my passenger door panels and one in my passenger seat that were finally fixed. The other nasty noise are from the cheap fold down so called leather seats. I finally had to fold them down, wrap towels around every section that touched. I think its pretty ridiculous. :thumbdwn:

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I also forgot... I had the control arm bushing replacement.

·
3,762 Posts
I've had a recent rash of problems. Some minor, some seemingly significant. Doesn't change my feelings for the car, though. It's one of the few cars that are worth any trouble they may be.

(Edit) The wife's 330: problem with the stereo sounding muffled/muted. Been to the dealer three times, and they still haven't put much effort into tracking the problem down. I'm pretty sure that at least one of the speakers are wired out of phase. The obvious clue is that when you turn the stereo up, the amount of bass doen't increase. It just sounds more and more muted. Other than that, no problems with hers in 9000 miles.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Blown speaker fixed; HK occasional bass rattle, but not too bad; sunroof module replaced per TSB; SUBFRAME, the big deal, which was a huge hassle; and maybe a few other minor things

Also, I've got a rear creaking noise right now that I belive is a shock mount spacer shifting slightly. Need to get that thing replaced again...

·
Traffic Surgeon
2,317 Posts
nate328Ci said:
Also, I've got a rear creaking noise right now that I belive is a shock mount spacer shifting slightly. Need to get that thing replaced again...
Your car is falling apart. :eek:

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
My fan died but I knew that was gonna happen when I picked it up.

It has its share of interior rattles but I know where most of em are and haven't bothered taking it in (and probably never will).

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
27K on my car right now... I've had:

1. Replaced OEM tires - defective
2. Entire clutch assembly replaced - defective.
3. Crank case vent valve replaced - defective
4. Belt tensioner replaced/belts replaced.
5. Rear diff whine fix applied - partially effective.
6. Left door rattle - fixed.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Hk Rattle, two speaker replacements, FOUR drivers door seals, two sunroof shade replacements and one new cassette, passenger door rattle(Taken apart 7 times between speaker and rattle fixes), failed cd eject and some other things I can't remember right now. :(

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
45,000 miles now.

Window regulators replaced (twice).
Thermostat replaced.
CD replaced (could not eject).
Windshield wiper control arms replaced (they were skipping).
Rear shock mounts replaced twice (first time by dealers, second time by myself (per UUC upgrade instructions) because dealer could not hear the rattle noise).
Slushbox panel replaced (2nd gear light showed up when transmission was on park).
Emission control software recall.
Airbag software recall.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Chris330Ci said:

Your car is falling apart. :eek:
It feels still feels fairly solid

at least the front section :eek:

nah, it's likely that it is #9 moving around a bit again. It was replaced twice this summer and each time, the creak disappeard. Once, it didn't move again for a few months; 2nd time, it was back in two weeks. I saw the piece at the dealer (warrany), the thing was shiny from from moving side to side...

Otherwise, it handles better than ever. The engine is stronger than ever, everything feels great, just that damn creak and some trunk/folding seat rattles. I may remove all the trunk sound insulation this winter and see if that can quiet things down. Should shave a few lbs too!

·
Ex-Dictator
26,111 Posts
OK, here's what I got so far (57.000km :D )

3 sets of control arms/bushings
3 sets of window regulators
Rear window replaced
Thermostat replaced
3 sets of brake pads / 1 set rotors replaced

·
Registered
9 Posts
At 30,000 miles:

Driver side window regulator replaced once, replaced fan due to recall and a final-stage resistor (climate control went wacky). A minor interior rattle or two but only when its cold outside. Other than that, its been great! :)

·
5,820 Posts
What happened to none? The only service on my car has been 15k service and hardtop installation.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I had the fan recall done. The other issue is the rattling/tapping on the passenger seatbelt retractor. My car has been in 3 times(fan recall, oil change and 1st service). All three times I told them about this, but they haven't been able to fix it.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
johnlew said:
What happened to none? The only service on my car has been 15k service and hardtop installation.
Sorry John... I never would have thought "none", you have what they call a "peach" of a car!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts