BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
G

·
Yeah. Add my name to the list of guys who would LOVE the wagon. I've said it before and I'll reiterate, an M3 Touring is the only way I'll own another E46. But give me one with a real 6-spd manual, and I'll find the money.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
TD said:
Yeah. Add my name to the list of guys who would LOVE the wagon. I've said it before and I'll reiterate, an M3 Touring is the only way I'll own another E46. But give me one with a real 6-spd manual, and I'll find the money.
why not the sedan? Just not worth the cash to trade up to a different sedan? :dunno:

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
nate328Ci said:

why not the sedan? Just not worth the cash to trade up to a different sedan? :dunno:
What amazes me is: WTF would be SO different in wagon form other than cargo room? Wouldn't an E46 M3T inherit all those "issues" common to all E46's? :rolleyes:

G

·
ALEX325i said:

What amazes me is: WTF would be SO different in wagon form other than cargo room? Wouldn't an E46 M3T inherit all those "issues" common to all E46's? :rolleyes:
Alex, I've been ignoring you, but I have to respond here...

You yourself have claimed that the M3s have a different programming for the DBW throttle that virtually eliminates the lag. I also understand that the steering feel is better and I think it's a safe assumption that the E46 M3 doesn't ride nearly as soft and floaty-like as the 330i/Ci w/SP does/did.

Throw in the appeal of a wagon, and I'll overlook it's pudgi-ness. But I never said it would replace my E36 M3/4 either.

To me, there's something VERY appealing about a VERY FAST wagon.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
TD said:

Alex, I've been ignoring you, but I have to respond here...

You yourself have claimed that the M3s have a different programming for the DBW throttle that virtually eliminates the lag. I also understand that the steering feel is better and I think it's a safe assumption that the E46 M3 doesn't ride nearly as soft and floaty-like as the 330i/Ci w/SP does/did.

Throw in the appeal of a wagon, and I'll overlook it's pudgi-ness. But I never said it would replace my E36 M3/4 either.

To me, there's something VERY appealing about a VERY FAST wagon.
Supposedly the ride is VERY stiff, stiffer than your car. I don't find my car floaty :dunno:

You would like an E46 M3/4 :thumb:

G

·
nate328Ci said:

Supposedly the ride is VERY stiff, stiffer than your car. I don't find my car floaty :dunno:

You would like an E46 M3/4 :thumb:
Well my ex-330i w/SP WAS floaty.

EDIT- And I do not feel I would gain anything by getting an E46 M3/4. The only variant that holds enough appeal to me is the idea of a very fast WAGON.

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
TD said:

Well my ex-330i w/SP WAS floaty.

EDIT- And I do not feel I would gain anything by getting an E46 M3/4. The only variant that holds enough appeal to me is the idea of a very fast WAGON.
My car wasn't even floaty on all-seasons. Neither was the 330Cic :dunno:

You would gain a higher level of performance and speed :angel:

·
doh!!!
3,188 Posts
It is kind of sad the BMW jumped on the styling bandwagon with those taillights on the 3 hatchback:(

Altezza aka IS300 is the only car that they are almost ok because it was the first car with them, at least as far as I know of.

jeff

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Jeff_DML said:
It is kind of sad the BMW jumped on the styling bandwagon with those taillights on the 3 hatchback:(

Altezza aka IS300 is the only car that they are almost ok because it was the first car with them, at least as far as I know of.

jeff
I think RX300 came first...

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.