BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. I'm new here and I was hoping someone could give me ideas on what my problem would be.

Two night ago I was driving and I heard " belt noise " not sure what it was. I started driving home and when I came to a light I heard a grinding noise. I turned off the car right away, I starred again and the noise continued I moved it out of the road and I turned it off. I started it again and I opened the hood, I couldn't tell where the noise was coming from but I did see a little bit of smoke and a burning smell. I turned the car off and after that it wouldnt start. The yellow gear came up on the dash. I had the car towed. The next morning I tried starting the car and it did start but the grinding noise was still there. After that it won't start. I checked the starter and it had some burn dust on it and it smelled burned. I got a new starter but it won't crank. The yellow gear light is still on the dash. I checked the fuses and they all still good.

Has anyone had this issue before?

·
Registered
8,177 Posts
This is the F8x forum... you will have better chances of an answer in the E46 M3 forum. :thumbup:

Hello everyone. I'm new here and I was hoping someone could give me ideas on what my problem would be.

Two night ago I was driving and I heard " belt noise " not sure what it was. I started driving home and when I came to a light I heard a grinding noise. I turned off the car right away, I starred again and the noise continued I moved it out of the road and I turned it off. I started it again and I opened the hood, I couldn't tell where the noise was coming from but I did see a little bit of smoke and a burning smell. I turned the car off and after that it wouldnt start. The yellow gear came up on the dash. I had the car towed. The next morning I tried starting the car and it did start but the grinding noise was still there. After that it won't start. I checked the starter and it had some burn dust on it and it smelled burned. I got a new starter but it won't crank. The yellow gear light is still on the dash. I checked the fuses and they all still good.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
E46 M3 SMG wont crank

1 - 6 of 6 Posts