BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

E46 M3... Wow

1340 13
I drove an E46 M3 yesterday... OH MY GAWD!!! It's perfection incarnate. What an incredible machine. Docile at street speeds and with the Sport mode off but a beast when you wring it out and sport on.

AHHHH, I want mine now!
Haus
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
i know i know. i drove one over a year ago and i'm still sweating it. but before the test drive i didnt think it'd be that great. but after i drove it, then got in my 2.5L, )= granted after awhile the 325 felt fine again, but back to back, i was sad. going home from the dealer i wanted to put my shift knob down to a 6th gear SO bad.... at least you have one coming.... (=
in_d_haus said:
I drove an E46 M3 yesterday... OH MY GAWD!!! It's perfection incarnate. What an incredible machine. Docile at street speeds and with the Sport mode off but a beast when you wring it out and sport on.

AHHHH, I want mine now!
Haus
You guys can just stop posting about how good the M3 is. We know... we know. You're gonna make me do something my wallet is going to regret! :D
M3's suck. Not fun at all. And the maintenance costs! Don't get me started! :banghead:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

:angel:
When is your delivery date...?
in_d_haus said:
AHHHH, I want mine now!
Haus
atyclb are you down for a PC session this weekend? i MIGHT not be there, but i'll leave my PC with andrew. although i'd not want to miss a chance to see a Fester and his topaz m3....
atyclb said:
M3's suck. Not fun at all. And the maintenance costs! Don't get me started! :banghead:

:confused: :confused: :confused:

:angel:
I was planning on being there, yes. You mean next weekend though? I can't make it this weekend.
eugeneDC/TX said:

atyclb are you down for a PC session this weekend? i MIGHT not be there, but i'll leave my PC with andrew. although i'd not want to miss a chance to see a Fester and his topaz m3....
Did you drive one with or without SMG out of curiosity?
in_d_haus said:

AHHHH, I want mine now!
Haus
Re: Re: E46 M3... Wow

Imola Ed said:

Did you drive one with or without SMG out of curiosity?
Turn on your signatures :tsk: It has his M specs in it and yes to SMG;)
Re: Re: Re: E46 M3... Wow

PM 325xiT said:

Turn on your signatures :tsk: It has his M specs in it and yes to SMG;)
Yes, but he doesn't have his car yet. He drove some other M car. You dare to question my reading ability?! :tsk: :tsk:
Re: Re: Re: Re: E46 M3... Wow

Imola Ed said:

Yes, but he doesn't have his car yet. He drove some other M car. You dare to question my reading ability?! :tsk: :tsk:
I thought maybe your MAC couldn't resolve his signature:dunno: ;) :D

I'm not sure if he is still teetering between colors and options:eeps:
My friends car is a 6 speed not an SMG. Ah well, close enough.

My car is/will be Topaz/Black with SMG etc..
Have they given you a build date yet or are you waiting to place an order for a 2003 model? I remember discussing an M3 order with you some time ago. I just took delivery of mine two weeks ago. To say it's a special car is significantly an understatement. I guess you are too far away for the Performance Center Delivery, but that's a whole treat by itself.
I'm still about 2 months from a prod number.

Perf delivery would be cool. It would definately be broken when I got it home.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.