BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

e46 pulley kit 330ci

3719 Views 10 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  smolck
Cant make up my mind witch pulley kit would u guy's perfer for the power steering and water pump pulley replacment and why>> turnner motorsport or Rogue Engineering links>>> http://www.turnermotorsport.com/p-1143-e46-non-m-power-pulley-kit.aspx http://www.rogueengineering.com/rogue/PP/POWERPULLEY.html
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Underdrive pulleys are snake oil. On a car with a weak cooling system already, I can't say I'd want to "under drive" anything. You MIGHT gain 1-2hp, but nobody who has ever installed pulleys (who is honest with themselves) ever FELT an increase in anything power wise. Better to take that money and buy ebay headers, but then you won't pass inspection.
cant get headers aready have a t4 turbo on 13 psi just want a little more power .so then u think i should get the Rogue Engineering Power Pulleys since they are weight reduction not underdrived
Underdrive pulleys are snake oil. On a car with a weak cooling system already, I can't say I'd want to "under drive" anything. You MIGHT gain 1-2hp, but nobody who has ever installed pulleys (who is honest with themselves) ever FELT an increase in anything power wise. Better to take that money and buy ebay headers, but then you won't pass inspection.
Are you running stock internals on 13 psi ?

(If so, I would cancel the pullies, and buy a nice big basket to carry the parts home in....)

Pullies are pretty much a waste, power-wise.....you`ll never feel the difference.
cant get headers aready have a t4 turbo on 13 psi just want a little more power .so then u think i should get the Rogue Engineering Power Pulleys since they are weight reduction not underdrived
only aftermarket headstuds and a multilayerheadgasket
Are you running stock internals on 13 psi ?

(If so, I would cancel the pullies, and buy a nice big basket to carry the parts home in....)

Pullies are pretty much a waste, power-wise.....you`ll never feel the difference.
ok thank you i will invest the money in aftermarket cam shafts
forgive my ignorance, but u have a t4 turbo 13 psi, and u want to install aftermarket pulleys for a little ( = no) more power? :eeps:
although i don't blame u for believing in this kit since they put this line in their product description "These kits provide a 10%-20% overall reduction in driving your car's systems and have been dyno-tested with a gain of up to 11hp." yea right :confused:
Yeah, that`s pretty phuckin` humorous, ain`t it ? Accessory drive losses are typically around 17 HP on cars like ours, so if you actually ARE saving 10 to 20% of that loss, you`re *still* only saving 1-point-seven horsepower (1.7) to three-point-four (3.4) horsepower....Holy Crap....hold me down ! I better buy some slicks to harness all that newfound power ! :rofl:
although i don't blame u for believing in this kit since they put this line in their product description "These kits provide a 10%-20% overall reduction in driving your car's systems and have been dyno-tested with a gain of up to 11hp." yea right :confused:
that is great information thank you <they should tell u that on the pulley web sites> ill invest in camshafts than
Yeah, that`s pretty phuckin` humorous, ain`t it ? Accessory drive losses are typically around 17 HP on cars like ours, so if you actually ARE saving 10 to 20% of that loss, you`re *still* only saving 1-point-seven horsepower (1.7) to three-point-four (3.4) horsepower....Holy Crap....hold me down ! I better buy some slicks to harness all that newfound power ! :rofl:
Are you aware that cams for FI engines are considerably different than those for N/A engines ?
that is great information thank you <they should tell u that on the pulley web sites> ill invest in camshafts than
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.