BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tha car is 2002 330cic e46 m54 ENGINE.

Do you know where this plastic pipe goes to? I am talking about the one at the bottom of that pair connected to rubber intake hose.

I broke the plastic support part that pipe was connected :-(

Car still runs as normal though.

I attached the picture here.

Attachments

·
GO FLYERS!!!
319 Posts
The plastic part is an F tube connector and the lower hose runs to the fuel filter; it is the pressure regulator.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The plastic part is an F tube connector and the lower hose runs to the fuel filter; it is the pressure regulator.
Yeah, I just saw some threads on e46fanatics. You are right it goes to fuel pressure regulator. I am not sure the dealership keeps the part in stock or not. Part number for this F shape connector is: 13327503677

RealOEM website is deceiving for newer e46 cars with fuel pressure regulators. They still show the diagrams for the earlier versions with L shape connector. But the part numer is right for e46 M54 engines. See the link.

http://www.ecstuning.com/ES33009/

·
Seek to understand,^Value
25,199 Posts
RealOEM website is deceiving for newer e46 cars with fuel pressure regulators. They still show the diagrams for the earlier versions with L shape connector.
We noticed the same problem in the E39 forums for that F connector.

In the older E39s (M52 engine), the "L" connector went to the fuel pressure regulator; however in the newer E39s (M54 engine), that "L" connector becomes an "F" connector where the smaller tube goes (quite a distance) to the fuel pressure regulator while the larger tube goes immediately to the manifold vacuum sucking jet pump (and thence to the brake booster + additional manifold vacuum).
- How does the BMW E39 suction jet pump (aka SJP, or sucking jet pump) work (1)

In our case, as in yours, the confusion occurs because the realoem diagrams all just show the (wrong in most cases) L connector.

For more details than most would want, see:
- Let's correct the F-connector errors in the realoem diagrams (1)

I was at the dealer today and bought some small parts. I asked for a "F" connector 13 32 7 503 677. Their diagram also showed that it is an "L" shaped connector. The parts guy went back to the stock room and returned with the "F" connector. This confirms that the part correct part number for the "F" connector is 13 32 7 503 677.
  1. The M54 diagram for the fuel pressure regulator is inconclusive:
  2. The M54 realoem diagram for the CCV is wrong:
  3. The M54 diagram for the F-connector is dead wrong:
I suspect the following happened between the M52 & the M54:

1. BMW moved the fuel pressure regulator from the engine bay to under where the driver sits...
    • So they simply ERASED the relevant parts in the diagram (notice they even erased the location dot!). The vacuum hose doesn't show any connection whatsoever!
  2. BMW capped off the CCV vacuum port
    • In this case, they didn't modify the diagram at all so it's wrong in that hose #6 is actually endcap #15 (not shown on the diagram or in the parts list)
  3. BMW changed the L connector to an F connector so that the hose that previously got suction from the CCV would now get suction from the F connector
    • Again, they didn't bother to fix the diagram; so the diagram is confusing at best and dead wrong in many ways!
So this answers the question why the vacuum port on the CCV is capped when used on the M54.

On some M52 engines the FPR was on the end of the fuel rail and the vacuum source was the nipple on the CCV. On the M54, the FPR is on the fuel filter. The second hose on the "F" connector supplies vacuum to the FPR.

I suspect the "L" connector was changed to an "F" connector on the M54. The vacuum port on the CCV was capped on the M54 because it is redundant.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts