BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I'm new here but I'm having trouble with my 04 545i. The keyless entry doesn't work and I bought it like that. I tried the pairing method but it did not work for me and I even got a new key for it but it still did not work. The dealership told me that the previous owner somehow locked the entire keyless system because he founder find the original key to start the car with or something like that. Will replacing the Keyless Module help??

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not sure what you mean by keyless module... But if you are refering to CAS than that is a whole new subject to begin with.
I have the same problem with my remote and I have tried eveything. I even started a new topic about it.
Assuming that you have tried everything just like me (battery, key initiation, CAS reset...etc), try this and tell me if it works. I hope it does for my sake as I couldn't try it because I am out of country:

Note 3: procedure to manually update the remote control for E60, E61, E63, and E64 (pre-9/05 vehicles):

Sit in the vehicle, close the driver's door, fasten the safety belt and do not press the brake pedal.

Insert the remote key and turn the ignition to position 1 (KL-R).

Press and hold the central lock button located between the center vents.

Switch the ignition to position 2 (KL-15) while continuing to hold the central lock button.

Continue holding the unlock button for approximately 10 seconds after pressing the start/stop button. The gong will sound to indicate that the transfer process is complete.

Remove the key from the ignition.

Repeat the procedure for any additional remote keys.
Note: The brake pedal must not be pressed while performing this procedure or the vehicle will start and this Manual Remote Control Update procedure will be cancelled.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts