BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to bimmerfest. I have a 2005 e60 525i in the North East of England. Newcastle mainly.

I have read a few threads but can't seem to find a similar question so I'm sorry if this is duplicate.

I recently had the crackling cutting out issue normally associated with the mulf. I took mine out and fitted a small computer fan to cool it since many people have suggested it was an over heating issue.

I have no intention of ever using the Bluetooth and my car doesn't have an amp or navigation. I took tye mulf out and used an optic loop in its place however my ipod interface.... Seen by the car as a cd changer, has disappeared. I was hoping the optic loop would keep the chain going but when I put the broken mulf back in the cd option reappears but the crackle is unbearable.

Is there a coding procedure I need to do, in order to bypass the mulf and keep the cd/ipod.

Thanks in advance for any replies.
Simon

·
Registered
473 Posts
You should only need to install the MOST loop correctly. Coding out your MULF won’t help the iPod interface.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. So I'm guessing I don't need to reorder anything? It's more likely my most loop is broken.
Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
473 Posts
There is a service function in ISTA to relearn the MOST order, but I’ve never found it necessary to run when taking ECUs in and out of the MOST loop.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
349 Posts
If you don't relearn the MOST configuration, there is a slight delay before the sound is initialized. So for example, if you start the car and switch it into reverse right away, PDC sound will appear after a slight delay if MOST config is not saved - the HU has to discover MOST topology on each start if it is not saved.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts