Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all
My 523i 2009 high horn only working when the motor temperature is high (actually when high fan is working)
Otherwise only the low horn only working
Can anybody help please

Sent from my SM-N950F using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
2006 530xi 6 MT
4,228 Posts
Wow...I did not realize the car had two horns of different pitches.

My first guess is that the horn is on its way out, but not completely broken yet. But, somehow when it is hot, it still works.

I'd get to the connector where the horn is and check the voltage at the horn connector when the horn doesn't seem to be working.
There should be no voltage across the two pins on the connector when you are not pushing the horn on the steering wheel.
There should be voltage across the two pins on the connector when you are pushing the horn on the steering wheel.
If there is voltage when you are pushing the horn on the steering wheel, but the horn isn't making noise, replace the horn.
If no voltage and no sound when pushing the horn on the steering wheel, the problem is more complicated.

You can find the wiring diagrams are newtis.info.

·
30FF <3
2,619 Posts
yea my high horn (the loudest one) i think the low has a high pitch but low in sound and vise versa, but anywho,

my high horn is out and its been out for a couple months, i rarely use it though, I just use my straight pipe instead.

also, could anyone point out which one is the low/high, i think it sits on top of the fogs on passenger side.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts