BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· ROLL TIDE!
24,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on my way home I am minding my own business hammering some back roads, still in awe of the smoothness and super crisp handling of my newly ball jointed ZHP. Amazing! Anyway I come up upon an E60 530i that is slowed by some Honda or something. We both helplessly putted along the windy 2 lane road wishing for the Honda to move. And he finally did.

The 530i digs in and starts to open it up and I downshift a few gears and I am in the hunt. The road starts as a long straight maybe 1/4 mile long and then hits a hard right hand sweeper. I was barely loosing ground to him in the straight (he got the jump on me) but when we hit the turn, he was on the brakes, I was on the gas. He then tries to out run me on another straight leading to a left hand sweeper and then a high speed S turn. I once again brake later than he did and could have easily overtook him by S turn if we had been on a closed course. No doubt the bigger, fatter 530 was unable to hang with my brakes and nimble ZHP. As we hit the final stretch I was within a few feet of his bumper (I wanted him to KNOW he had been had) and then I backed off. He turns into his neighborhood and I catch him looking over his shoulder trying to see what beast just did him in, no doubt he was expecting an ///M emblem, but alas, just a 330i badge.

I am sure he is used to walking away from other vehicles like that, I do it too. But today, he didn't realize he had smolck on his arse. ZHP wins again.

EDIT: I do not condone this kind of driving. We were on very deserted back roads, no other car was ever even seen.

· Keeping it surreal
43,843 Posts
Put a notch on your gunbelt, mang.... :thumbup:

· ZHP = Patlabor
2,360 Posts
Nice job! Love that wtf look you always get.

I felt the heft of the 5 series when I drove an E39 M5. Loads of power but more body roll than I cared for along with the weight to move around.

· ROLL TIDE!
24,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, I give the guy props, he was hitting it hard and the car was still a BMW so it handled well. But the braking and grip of the ZHP were just too much. So nice to beat down the more expensive 5'ers. Still want a 550 for the Mrs. though.......one day.

· Registered
5,537 Posts
Nice kill. I got one today too !

I was headed to a customers biz to pickup a notebook computer they wanted me to look at for them.
So here I am headed out of ashland at 55 mph and minding my own biz.

This strange little car comes up to the highway from a side road as I go by. I didnt pay much attention to it at first. Then here it comes up behind me doing at least 80 or 90mph in a 55 zone.
So Im thinking ok he's in a hurry so he will pass me in all these straight places were going thru. Nope just rides my bumper like he's hooked to the bumper. Start getting pissed after a few miles of this crap. Well I was getting close to the turn off for my service call so I stomp it. The little thing did all it could to keep up with me. Seems it cant do 130+ :)

Heres what I killed :)

I had noticed the windshield banner they had across the top of the windshield saying tempforce so I googled it and I cant believe I actually found the exact car.

Is it a mercedes smart car or what? Wasnt able to tell when it was following me other than it was very tiny.

· Registered
1,529 Posts
So on my way home I am minding my own business hammering some back roads, still in awe of the smoothness and super crisp handling of my newly ball jointed ZHP. Amazing! Anyway I come up upon an E60 530i that is slowed by some Honda or something. We both helplessly putted along the windy 2 lane road wishing for the Honda to move. And he finally did.

The 530i digs in and starts to open it up and I downshift a few gears and I am in the hunt. The road starts as a long straight maybe 1/4 mile long and then hits a hard right hand sweeper. I was barely loosing ground to him in the straight (he got the jump on me) but when we hit the turn, he was on the brakes, I was on the gas. He then tries to out run me on another straight leading to a left hand sweeper and then a high speed S turn. I once again brake later than he did and could have easily overtook him by S turn if we had been on a closed course. No doubt the bigger, fatter 530 was unable to hang with my brakes and nimble ZHP. As we hit the final stretch I was within a few feet of his bumper (I wanted him to KNOW he had been had) and then I backed off. He turns into his neighborhood and I catch him looking over his shoulder trying to see what beast just did him in, no doubt he was expecting an ///M emblem, but alas, just a 330i badge.

I am sure he is used to walking away from other vehicles like that, I do it too. But today, he didn't realize he had smolck on his arse. ZHP wins again.

EDIT: I do not condone this kind of driving. We were on very deserted back roads, no other car was ever even seen.
nice kill for the ZHP :thumbup:
although, one day i was going back home, an E60 530i went right passed me on the highway, figured what the heck let's have some fun. he saw me pushin it behind him, he hit it (we were around 80km/h), once i revved 2nd and hit 3rd, open the right lane, got next to him, went passed him and started pullin away. i was surprised when u said u were losing ground in the stretches :dunno:

EDIT: perhaps the 530i i raced was a pre-2005 and the one u raced was a 2005+ ?

· Registered
618 Posts

I was headed to a customers biz to pickup a notebook computer they wanted me to look at for them.

This strange little car comes up to the highway from a side road as I go by. I didnt pay much attention to it at first. Then here it comes up behind me doing at least 80 or 90mph in a 55 zone.
So Im thinking ok he's in a hurry so he will pass me in all these straight places were going thru. Nope just rides my bumper like he's hooked to the bumper. Start getting pissed after a few miles of this crap. Well I was getting close to the turn off for my service call so I stomp it. The little thing did all it could to keep up with me. Seems it cant do 130+ :)

I had noticed the windshield banner they had across the top of the windshield saying tempforce so I googled it and I cant believe I actually found the exact car.

Is it a mercedes smart car or what? Wasnt able to tell when it was following me other than it was very tiny.
Lol, I've seen those alot in San Fransisco. I would feel so helpless inside one, They are freakin' tiny
I think it just called a smart car. The roadster one looks cool.

Sent from my VM670 using Bimmer App

· ZHP = Patlabor
2,360 Posts

Smartcar's doors would fly off at 120.

Reminds me of all the Mini Cooper S trying to push 120+ and corner at the same time through traffic.

· ROLL TIDE!
24,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
nice kill for the ZHP :thumbup:
although, one day i was going back home, an E60 530i went right passed me on the highway, figured what the heck let's have some fun. he saw me pushin it behind him, he hit it (we were around 80km/h), once i revved 2nd and hit 3rd, open the right lane, got next to him, went passed him and started pullin away. i was surprised when u said u were losing ground in the stretches :dunno:

EDIT: perhaps the 530i i raced was a pre-2005 and the one u raced was a 2005+ ?
Well he got the jump on me. I was crusing at low RPM in 3rd gear and he punched it before I realized what he was doing. So I downshifted and began to catch him slowly. Maybe that was why, but he seemed to have more power than I did, just nothing he could do with it.

· Keeping it surreal
43,843 Posts
:rofl:

It would`ve been more fun to get *behind* him, and push him down the road at 130....:rofl:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.