Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
****ie Mechanic
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello BMW Fam,
I am working on my 550i and doing a total upgrade of almost everything I can into this vehicle. I already put a lot of money into it, and back in February (in Michigan) I had found myself sliding and going into a guardrail. Instead of totaling it, or spending a quoted $6k in repairs to just get it back to factory, I took matters into my own hands. So come on this journey with me hopefully you enjoy as much as I do creating it!

I will be posting new content and pictures in a certain folder as well and on this post so look out for those updates!

Also be sure to check out my Instagram and I will also be doing a complete video of the process after it is done.

Thank you for viewing my content and I hope this has entertained you.

·
Registered
3,251 Posts
What kind of “upgrades” are you looking at doing? Not much you can do for performance so are you talking electronics? Body?

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
21 Posts
I***8217;ve had some similar thoughts with nearly identical 550. Great car with minimal issues beside normal maint. after owning it since new. Conflicted about buying new or simply ***8220;renewing***8221; everything that has begun to wear.
Looking forward to more content.

·
****ie Mechanic
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BabyUnicornTaco

I am looking to put a nitro kit in, intake, throttle body, suspension, and possibly a supercharger if I get enough subscribers and if enough people are interested.
Aesthetically I am installing a starlight headliner, I have new headlights, new front bumper and many more.

Sweengolly
I would get the 550 with the twin turbos, but if you already put in a lot of money into the vehicle it would not make sense to sell. Honestly it depends what you want to do and how much time you have. For me I wanted to start working on my cars, and also start buying broken BMWs and fix them up. So I would say it depends on your situation, but if you are thinking about selling it I would do it now before the vehicle depreciates even more.

Hope this helps and spread the word!

·
****ie Mechanic
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
During Rebuild

These are pictures of the car during the rebuild and transformation.

Not fully done yet, getting closer.

Again I will post a youtube video about the journey and a video about the building process.

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
Outstanding, way to save it. Equipped with some of my favorite wheels too.
I love build threads like this, and hope you can keep it between the ditches this go-round.

·
Registered
71 Posts
What a beauty! Love my Silbergrau Metallic, but that dark blue is my favorite color E60 — and an LCI model too. Should be fun to watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Officially a BMW Addict
847 Posts
Nice, good luck!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Similar situation

These are pictures of the car during the rebuild and transformation.

Not fully done yet, getting closer.

Again I will post a youtube video about the journey and a video about the building process.
Thread subscribed. Congratulations on your decision and progress. Some months ago I had a minor accident with my E60. My last accident must be more than 25 years ago. What can I say $h!t happens. I've purchased most all the parts and tools for my repair / upgrade project but recently had to have an operation on my shoulder. It's kind of stalled my project. I was thinking along the same lines. I plan to document the build on the forum and post a few Youtube videos to share the journey. Already started with the photos and videos. To achieve this end it takes some effort. My thanks and hats off to those who follow through. I do enjoy the threads and videos. Looking forward to following your adventure. Be sure to post a parts / source list. Currently my project doesn't include replacing the hood. Just read a post about BMC hood and browsed their website. The hood you chose is the one I liked the best but I thought it might be just a bit too aggressive. Viewing your photos it looks much better than I had imagined. Now I'm considering to include it in my project. I hope I can talk myself out of it :rofl:

·
****ie Mechanic
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Updates!!!

Finished the Starlight headliner and got the car running and driving! Almost ready for a wrap, should be getting done in a month or 2. Thank you for everyone who has taken the time to enjoy and experience this with me!
I'll post pictures soon!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts