BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

E60 - 550i 4.8L Hard start and Limp Mode

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  shaw2200 
#1 ·
Hi
I would really love some input about my current situation and help if can. So, a few months back my valley pipe started leaking so I decided to take that DIY and do it in my garage, I am pretty knowledgable and handsy when it comes to cars. Along the way, I also changed the backplate that is inside the transmission bell housing because those things also over time fail. After doing all of this, I also changed the valve cover gaskets and the water pump and all its hoses. After I buttoned up the car and cranked it I noticed that there was no crank at all, and thought maybe the starter had gone bad because there was a started code on my AUTEL OBD. So, I took the starter out which was a nightmare, and tested it and the motor and the relay were working just fine so I installed it back again. After researching on google I found out that the IVM may have gone bad and yes that did solve the issue. It is now cranking, it tries to start itself but it feels like something is not letting it start. So, I plugged in DCAN cable and went on INPA to reset the cars access system but still no luck. I also reset VANOS timing on ISTA-D but still no luck it keeps throwing these codes.

Hopefully, someone can help 🙏 its been a few months and I feel like i am very close to getting it done, the dealer quoted $5k for the above repairs. Here are the codes.

2A8B - Digital Motor Electronics (DME): inlet VANOS (Variable Camshaft Timing) adaption stop 2
2B5C - Digital Motor Electronics (DME) ; crankshaft sensor, signal

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.