BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 33 Posts

· Registered
139 Posts
No way. You might see whp increase but the engine isn't capable of much more than 360-375 tops without a supercharger. Even if you were lucky to find the ess supercharger you won't reach 450 hp.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J120A using Bimmerfest mobile app
He's right. The car is 360/360 stock so to get an additional 90hp with those mods will be impossible.

Even Dinan, with their Stage 2 kit (airbox, throttle body, exhaust and tune) claimed 390/374 and that was probably optimistic.

Also, be careful with custom headers. Make sure you go the measurements correct. Last thing you want to is have large primary tubes and move your power band up and lose torque. I remember using 1-3/4 primaries on a bolt on Mustang (when I should have used 1-1/2 tubes) and the car became a dog on the street. No torque and I had to rev the hell out of the motor to do anything. Really sucked.

· Registered
139 Posts
I don't need suspension upgrades or any kind of upgrades to improve handling or braking.
The car does have BMW Sport Suspension (1,5mm Lower), With Dynamic Drive and Active Steering and i have also installed M5 E60 brakes (front + rear) with Pirelli P ZERO tyres on Hartge 19 inch wheels plus Quife LSD.
As For the Upgrades now, A good high flow full exhaust system can give you 30-35 WHP ( Supersprint and dyno proven), The Remap Can also give you another 20-25HP ( dyno proven) . Dinan TB + Dinan Intake Kit Will give another 15-20HP for sure.
I think with those upgrades i will see at least 400HP at the dyno.
Are you talking about 400HP at the wheels?

· Registered
139 Posts
Maximum crank horsepower is 360. It's impossible to increase this number (360) without forcing higher compression (supercharger or turbo). There is no way for N62B48 to go above 360hp or anywhere near 360hp at the wheels.

I know it's hard to grasp at the beginning. I was also in the same boat a while back until I understood things from a different perspective.

The car looses power between crank and wheels. You can reduce this power loss by doing headers, high flow air intake, software tune, etc. You might get as close as 320hp at the wheels, but without supercharger that's all you get...

If you were to install the ESS supercharger, you might be able to increase crank HP to 450-460 or so, but again you will loose power at the wheels and might get 420whp out of it at most... That's a generous number too.
Ether's right. You're freeing restrictions, not increasing engine HP

1 - 3 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.