BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Matthew
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 528i that is having some air issues. Air is cold when I'm driving, but at idle in traffic, it gets warm very quick. I have taken it in to an Indy and they keep telling me nothing is wrong. Fan is fine pressure good etc. What could they be missing that is causing this? Any help is really appreciated

·
Registered
183 Posts
I had this same problem on my GMC Envoy. A/C is ice cold when driving, but as soon as your stopped at a traffic light it feels like someone turned the heater on. The culprit was a "low pressure cycling switch" that is located on the A/C accumulator.

I don't know if our BMW's have the same setup, but that might be a place to start.

·
2008 535xi wagon
2,963 Posts
Our a/c is pretty basic. Condenser w/ drier, compressor, txv, evap, pressure sensor and evap temp sensor. The rest is software I guess. The accumulator is built in to the condenser and afaik has no switches.

I'm not sure, just guessing here, but it might be worth swapping out the transducer for a used one and seeing if that fixes things.

When you're stopped, there's less airflow over the condensor. If the transducer is reading wrong it could shut the compressor off at the wrong time.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=NF73-USA-11-2006-E60-BMW-530xi&diagId=64_1480

·
Registered
57 Posts
Had issue last month on 08 550i and was compressor, not all the way bad but enough to cause issues . Replaced and fine ever since.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts