BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a 2004 E60 530i with a complete factory and BMW cert mechanic installed body kit and 19" rims. Car looks great, runs great, but hasa custom exhaust from cat back, straight pipes and tips. Much to throaty and noisydron for me. My 16 year old and friends think its the best! Need to quiet it down. Will a stock M5 exhaust from a V10 fit this 530i? Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated. Mike

·
Registered
177 Posts
I recently purchased a 2004 E60 530i with a complete factory and BMW cert mechanic installed body kit and 19" rims. Car looks great, runs great, but hasa custom exhaust from cat back, straight pipes and tips. Much to throaty and noisydron for me. My 16 year old and friends think its the best! Need to quiet it down. Will a stock M5 exhaust from a V10 fit this 530i? Any help and advice will be greatly appreciated. Mike
E60 M5 exhaust is true dual with 4 mufflers - 2 to a side - doubt it would fit a 530. Go here to see what it looks like.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/showthread.php?t=466364

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the input Jeff. I have been looking at a Supersprint dual system and looking to get dimensions of the passenger side muffler, part number 022 044 606, the drivers side has plenty of room. Other option is a Remus dual system where it has only 1 muffler and the passenger pipe comes off the muffler. Any ideas or thoughts appreciated, especially on quality, sound and fit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Ugh - a 'fake' dual exhaust system on a bmw. May as well put a ricer coffee can on it as well.

Duals are generally designed to exhast each bank of a V-type engine, or allow for significant exhaust flow in a heavy-breathing applications like turbochargers/superchargers. The 530 is an inline engine, and not a heavy breather at that. Find a good single pipe system. Duals won't do anything for you other than add more weight.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts