BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Nice find Stream, I hope the facelift is moderate enough to not make the current one look outdated ;)

New shift knob looks W31rd!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Looks like they have taped up over the fog lights and the sedan appears to have NV and ACC - with the mesh in there like on the 3 and Ms.

Hard to say what it will really look like - seems minor though in those pics.

Hopefully that shifter is some "test" gear - looks like a game controller :tsk:.

·
Registered
60 Posts
My thoughts exactly with regards to the front bumper and resemblance to the 3 and M, both having aesthetically more appeal in the air intake area. I like it, but wouldn't wait for it as the higher cost would not be worth it for me. The turbo doesn't interest me for the price. The money I save I can probably apply to an M Aero Kit.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
The shifter is the same found on the new (E70) X5 spy pictures. I have a feeling this will be BMW's next "new" innovation. I am glad that the changes are not big because I dont want to be driving an outdated car for a year before my lease goes back in in '09.

-e60lover

·
Registered
356 Posts
Man, I missed the Atari controller. Maybe they can make the i-drive into the little orange button! :thumbup:

octee said:
That shifter is quite funky looking but glad to see that there aren't any major changes in the design.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I think it's still too early to tell for sure. As the saying goes "time will tell"

·
Registered
5 Posts
i really hope that those pics are accurate, so i wont feel bad about just getting my 530 recently with the aerokit. the new bumper looks ok, but not nearly as nice as the aero kit IMHO. I wonder how much of an improvement in performance the 535 will be over the 530.

·
Registered
231 Posts
The facelift is so minor that the ugly Chris Bangle design is virtually unchanged. The ugly Bangle butt, the ugly Pontiac-like grill, .... What a pity! But not surprised. If the sales is strong, don't screw it up, it's biz common sense.

Anyway, I believe the much more powerful engine can bite many "love BMW but hate Bangle" guys like me.

·
Registered
540 Posts
klu123 said:
The facelift is so minor that the ugly Chris Bangle design is virtually unchanged. The ugly Bangle butt, the ugly Pontiac-like grill, .... What a pity! But not surprised. If the sales is strong, don't screw it up, it's biz common sense.

Anyway, I believe the much more powerful engine can bite many "love BMW but hate Bangle" guys like me.
but there's no guarantee the new engine will go in this spring. just the facelift, and even THAT is just speculation.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
I saw more Spy pics on some site...and the rear of the car will look like the new updated "7" and/or the new "3" Coupe/Cabrio with the 3 lines going across....even the new X3 has the 3 lines going across....I guess BMW wants all of the cars to have a family look......The one thing that I never liked about the 5 is the rear...I do like the new rear though.....

oh hold on I may have a pic....

Let me know what you think of the new rear?I like it:thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
dencoop, the Photochop you posted is old and makes me wanna :puke: everytime I see it.... People, please stop posting it...it's not what the facelift will look like.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
x-550ed - did not mean to cause any nausea.....the front lights do seem a bit off, although the rear is believable somewhat due to the 7 update, the new 3 coupe and the updated x3....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts