Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 535xi and I have been looking for an M5 or M5 replica bumper. When pricing out an OEM M5 bumper, someone told me in order to fit an M5 bumper on my car you need to replace the front fenders. Can anyone tell me if an OEM M5 bumper will work on my car or what is the next best option to use to get the M5 Front bumper look? Also if I need to use A replica what place do you suggest to buy from?

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
763 Posts
OEM M5 bumper will not work you will need M5 fenders, you can get OEM MTech bumper or get an aftermarket M5Tech which is thesame as OEM M5

·
Registered
64 Posts
Go to www.realoem.com, put in your last 7 of your VIN and go to "Retrofitting/Conversion/Accessories"

There is an "M" Retrofit aerodynamic kit that will give you the M5 look without having to change your front fenders. Includes the M-Sport front and rear bumper covers and side skirts. Just search out the the part number for the kit on the interwebs on where to buy it. I think there may be a part number to just buy the front bumper

Hope this helps.

·
Casual Fanatic
2,151 Posts

·
Registered
8,080 Posts
Get an aftermarket bumper off eBay. Just make sure its polyurethane and not fiberglass.

Also don't buy pre-painted. Your paint fades over time and there are always slight variations to paint so you want the paint matched in person by a local shop. For something small like a trunk lip, pre-painting is not as bad of a solution but for a whole panel, you definitely want it matched.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts