BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the valve seals on my 2005 545i. The job went well and things went back together well. Now for the problem. The engine runs like a sewing machine at idle. Unfortunately, when I get up to highway speed, after a few miles (4-6) the engine malfunction light and warning of reduced power comes up. I have a carley and the error it picks up isFound Faults:
--Engine / Motor--
*** 2A5A:CDKDVFFS2 2A5a - Valvetronic, Exzenterwellensensor 2: leadership ***
Fault-Set 1 - ( 190888 km)

Accelerator pedal angle (wped): 46.27 %PED
Engine speed: 0.00 1/min
engine temperature: 103.50 °C
Exhaust gas mass flow without fuel portion (msaovhk_w): 819.20 kg/h

*** 2A5C:CDKDVFRS2 2A5c - Valvetronic, Exzenterwellensensor 2: Reference ***

Accelerator pedal angle (wped): 46.27 %PED
Engine speed: 0.00 1/min
Exhaust gas mass flow without fuel portion (msaovhk_w): 819.20 kg/h

*** 2D0F:CDKLM 2D0F - air mass meter, signal ***

ADC voltage air mass: 2.68 V
Engine speed: 2160.00 1/min
Relative air charge (rl): 52.50 %
Throttle angle bez. on lower stop: 17.65 %DK

Fault-Set 2 - ( 190888 km)

ADC voltage air mass: 2.70 V
Engine speed: 2120.00 1/min
Relative air charge (rl): 52.50 %
Throttle angle bez. on lower stop: 19.22 %DK

Fault-Set 3 - ( 190896 km)

ADC voltage air mass: 2.60 V
Engine speed: 1880.00 1/min
Relative air charge (rl): 57.75 %
Throttle angle bez. on lower stop: 16.08 %DK

*** 2A6B:CDKDVPMN 2A6B - Valvetronic, power limitation ***

Accelerator pedal angle (wped): 61.18 %PED
Engine speed: 1920.00 1/min
Fuel temperature (TKRST): 185.25 °C

Fault-Set 2 - ( 190896 km)

Accelerator pedal angle (wped): 60.00 %PED
Engine speed: 1800.00 1/min
Fuel temperature (TKRST): 185.25 °C

*** 29CC:CDKMD 29CC - misfire, several cylinders ***
Fault-Set 1 - ( 190896 km)

Engine speed: 560.00 1/min
engine temperature: 105.75 °C
relative air charge: 23.25 %
Tank level 1L / Ink.: 52.00 l

*** 29D4:CDKMD03 29D4 - Misfiring, Cylinder 8 ***
Fault-Set 1 - ( 190896 km)

Engine speed: 560.00 1/min
engine temperature: 105.75 °C
relative air charge: 23.25 %
Tank level 1L / Ink.: 52.00 l

When I turn the car off and restart it, no engine lights or anything but they come back on after a few miles. Although it says reduced power, there doesn't seem to be a decrease in power but it feels like I have square wheels (engine misfire?) Please help. I don't want to just start throwing money at it.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Prior to installing the valve cover . Did you you visually inspect each and every spring on the intermediate levers were seated in the V groves ? Rocker arms and lifters seated correctly ect... Then turn the engine by hand thru the four stroke cycle on each cylinder making sure everything was good ?

if its sounding like a sewing machine its possible a spring or something is not set correctly ...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Prior to installing the valve cover . Did you you visually inspect each and every spring on the intermediate levers were seated in the V groves ? Rocker arms and lifters seated correctly ect... Then turn the engine by hand thru the four stroke cycle on each cylinder making sure everything was good ?

if its sounding like a sewing machine its possible a spring or something is not set correctly ...

I’m having the same issue on my 2007 550i manual. Car had a strange rattle coming from what appears to be the center of the dashboard. It was low and barely noticeable after the seals were replaced. Now it’s gotten louder and louder. The rattle is non existent when the car is cold. After about 10 minutes of driving it becomes noticeable and louder at about the 3000rpm mark. If I open my hood I can’t hear it at all even with a stethoscope but inside the car it’s very loud. No codes on the dash, and no loss of power. Car runs great and no smoke but the damn rattle is loud and worrisome. Something isn’t right. The shop is now saying that everything looks good including the Vanos and timing chain, etc. they’re gonna check some small “motors” in back of the intake.
Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
I'm having the same issue on my 2007 550i manual. Car had a strange rattle coming from what appears to be the center of the dashboard. It was low and barely noticeable after the seals were replaced. Now it's gotten louder and louder. The rattle is non existent when the car is cold. After about 10 minutes of driving it becomes noticeable and louder at about the 3000rpm mark. If I open my hood I can't hear it at all even with a stethoscope but inside the car it's very loud. No codes on the dash, and no loss of power. Car runs great and no smoke but the damn rattle is loud and worrisome. Something isn't right. The shop is now saying that everything looks good including the Vanos and timing chain, etc. they're gonna check some small "motors" in back of the intake.
Any suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest mobile app
Checking the Disa servo motors is a good idea . Because If a they forgot to plug them in or a damaged wire ,, the engine won't be supplied with proper air intake into the combustion chamber... Also they should double check all electronic connections and plugs .

Another thing is it's really easy to break and crack the essentric shaft sensors when removing and reinstalling the valve covers and oil gets inside the sensor causing havoc ..

Also ,,, you can disable the valvetronics in order to isolate the problem...

·
Registered
246 Posts
Maybe that’s what my indy meant by “motors”? Would they rattle upon acceleration? Wouldn’t they rattle all of the time instead of after the vehicle warms up?
And how do I disable the valvetronics? And can you please explain an example of how that would isolate the rattling?
Where are the Disa motors anyway?
Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Maybe that's what my indy meant by "motors"? Would they rattle upon acceleration? Wouldn't they rattle all of the time instead of after the vehicle warms up?
And how do I disable the valvetronics? And can you please explain an example of how that would isolate the rattling?
Where are the Disa motors anyway?
Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
Most likely ... The only motors behind the intake are the disa servo motors . and they shouldn't rattle ..

You can disconnect the vanos solenoids in front of the timing covers . This will disable the valvetronics and the car will run on regular throttle body function without the variable timing..
This will isolate the valvetronics as the problem ...

The servo motors are attached to the back of the intake .

Read this two pdf files on the n62 engine ,, great information ... Page 10 on the N62 engine update shows the motors ..

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts