BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Weird. Putting the last 7 digits of your VIN into Realoem.com says it is a motorcycle????
It says e60 in real oem if using cz59015, I don't know why that last S is there.

As long as your car runs, there isn't urgent problem, but there might be something bit mixed in coding. Maybe some electronic part was changed, and another one came from e90???

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It was in a shop for three months something might have happened there.... However i did mess around with the coding ( learning the hard way ) :poop:

Here is a photo of the vin ( i did notice ista finds it invalid ) I'll do more diag and post any interesting findings. The car runs a little slower than it did before and the engine light is on now that i got it back from the repair shop ( body work ) I'm trying to find Original zb numbers somehow

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Tread

·
Registered
69 Posts
Weird, it may have been a part swapped out from an E90 but this car may have been in an accident before you owned it, and repaired very poorly or it even could've been a previous owner doing shady things with the vin

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is a photo of the computer is there a way to restore the original programming for it ? I think that would give it the little kick it used to have. Right now it's a little slow it identifies as an e90 haha

Font Motor vehicle Gas Auto part Signage

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
VINs are 17 digits, ignore the extra S that NCS Expert displays. Someone messed up you FA/VO. You should be able to fix this with NCS expert, google FA/VO write
Thanks for the info. What happened was that the sp-daten were messed around with im not sure if that affected the fa/v0.

What i understand from this is to add and remove options, so I'd have to find the chassis code and remove the e90 and code in the e60 ?

·
BMW CCA 69606
2,467 Posts
Suggest you make screen prints of the option codes currently in the VO/FA and confirm they make sense based on the options in your car.
Based on my standalone ETK, VIN CZ59015 identifies as a '08 528xi LCI. Perhaps your DME was cloned from an E90. Not sure about E60's but E39's had the VIN sticker on the DME.
I would follow the DME codes before attempting to edit VO/FA and reprograming the DME and likely the entire car.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Suggest you make screen prints of the option codes currently in the VO/FA and confirm they make sense based on the options in your car.
Based on my standalone ETK, VIN CZ59015 identifies as a '08 528xi LCI. Perhaps your DME was cloned from an E90. Not sure about E60's but E39's had the VIN sticker on the DME.
I would follow the DME codes before attempting to edit VO/FA and reprograming the DME and likely the entire car.
[/QUOTE

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It was e60 I'm pretty sure it was just dumb coding.

How do I get the list of vo/fa codes ? I'm guessing in NCS expert ?

It is exactly VIN CZ59015 identifies as a '08 528xi LCI, you are correct.

Thank you all for helping, much appreciated

·
BMW CCA 69606
2,467 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for the tutorial, seems straight forward.
So i figured if va37 is e90 the code for e60 seems to be NV13 but loading the vo/fa list and adding NV13 gave an error of it being invalid. I noticed there was a *before the code so i also tried it with the * with the same results.

I was afraid of removing the va37 and processing the car this way i thought, enough damage ask the experts first.

I got the new sp-daten i stead and thought maybe updating the car with the new sp-daten might help a little or change it back to e60 but that did nothing really.

Right now it's on zbnr 7603362

VO/FA list.

#0308 $104 $205 $240 $249 $2BW $2VB $34P $403 $441 $494 $497 $4AB
$520$ 521$ 534 $544$ 563$ 5GA$ 640$ 645$ 655$ $663$ 676$ $694
$6FL $818 $823 $845 $850 $853 $876 $925 $94B 20453 &KAB4 *VA37 -B090
-DCAN -EWS4

What do you guys think ?

·
Registered
715 Posts
I don't think your engine problems are caused by having a wrong FA.
When you connect with NCS, can you choose another ECU to read from? It might have your actual FA.
Never use the "Process Car" button on NCS Expert.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts