BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I'll try to read from other e u and compare vo/fa and will report, never process car, just execute job ?

thanks.

I don't think your engine problems are caused by having a wrong FA.
When you connect with NCS, can you choose another ECU to read from? It might have your actual FA.
Never use the "Process Car" button on NCS Expert.

·
BMW CCA 69606
2,466 Posts
It's safer to process a single module rather than the entire car.
Which module did you read the VO from?

#0308 is the I-level date code in the VO. It may be valid for the *VA37, but the *NV13 was built 10/07. It shouldn't newer than the actual build date. The NV13 might conflict with the #0308 software date, preventing the change. Software was updated every 3-4 months. I don't know how to find the dates the factory used. My '08 E70 with 05/08 build date has a #0408 software date.

I also struggle with why this would cause your troubles. You've suggested there was some sort of coding error. What more can you tell us? Do you know what was being attempted when problems occurred?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
As far as I know it's just sp-daten that was messed with. I'll try to get more information.

This vo/fa was from the case module I'll try to get it from another when I get home from work. Let's hope for the best.

Flashing the ECU with e60 sp daten doesn't fix it i wonder why. And it takes a very long time to flash. Do you think the sp daten is bad or mixed up with an e90 ?

Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Handwriting

Font Screenshot Rectangle Number Pattern

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
So this is the LMA vo/fa

Looks promising even thought i don't know much. I see the NV13 there. :)

#0907 $1CA $203 $205 $248$2CF $2VB $302 $319 $346 $354 $403 $430 $431 $438 $441 $442 $459 $473 $488 $494 $502 $534 $544 $563 $563 $639 $645 $663 $676 $693 $694 $697 $6FL $818 $823 $845 $850 $853 $876 $925 $992 %0354 &LCSW *NV13 -B110

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Alright !!! Thanks

I still not sure how to copy it to cas because, remember it wasn't accepting the NV13 I'll give it a shot sometime when i get back home. Tha k you so much for your help I'll report with the results

·
BMW CCA 69606
2,466 Posts
The NV13 is in your VIN also, a good indication the V0/FA is closer to being correct.
Looks like a more reasonable date code (#0907 vs 1007 build date) in the LMA module.
What other module were listed to pull the VO/FA from?

Did the car run ok after shop replaced the DME?
Which module were you coding when the sp-daten problem occurred?
Were you "processing" the entire car?
Was there a msg about which module(s) failed coding?
I'm not sure the DME is one of the modules that you can code w/NCSExpert? You may need to re-program the DME using WinKFP or Tool 32.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
I haven't tried anything yet i will soon.
The only 2 modules are cas and lma that's it.the car still runs fine I'm not sure how in going to do this. I'll probably have to process the car since it is not accepting the NV13 code in cas I'll go through the tutorial again and maybe I'll get some ideas

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 · (Edited)
So,. I did write the ECU ( cas ) and now it does show up as e60. The engine light was on. I took it for a spin and the engine light went off for the ride then it went back on the next time i turned the car on. :(

With this new sp daten it seemed like it likes to show more warning signs that never came up before. Shitty . Maybe i should flash v41 back on again and see how it runs..
-edit-

Does anyone know the correct zb number for this car ?

Font Paper Document Publication Monochrome

·
BMW CCA 69606
2,466 Posts
DME codes show that there is a programming error along with (2) DISA and (1) ebox fan codes. I would check that DISA and fan are electrically connected. I wonder if the VA37 (382i - RWD ) and NV13 (528ix - AWD) have different engines. BMW made (1) and (2) DISA variants of the N52 engine.
The other MAJOR difference is you need DME programming that communicates with the 528ix's AWD transfer case. Not clear why there are no TC codes though.

My understanding is the ZB is simply the last 7 digits of the module PN.
The UIF from post #2 shows DME PN as 7602220. This PN points to a 528ix per the ETK. Not sure where UIF info is read from, so maybe the DME has already been re-programmed.
I don't know if DME programming uses VO info from the CAS module. If it does, and CAS module VO was based on the 328i, then DME may have been programmed incorrectly.

You wrote the LMA VO to the CAS module. In order for the changes to take effect you need to code the CAS using the new VO. Did you default code the CAS module afterwards? Need to be careful here. I don't know the nuances around coding CAS and DME, so be careful. Post 10 says the CAS hasn't been coded since 12/14/2007, so it it might be original to the 528ix. This raises the question how did the wrong VO end up in the CAS module.

There maybe a programming sequence you need to follow so you don't foul up the DME-CAS sync or create other problems. The coding forum might be able to provide better help on reprogramming the CAS/DME and any special rqmts. If you jump over there, post a link as I'd like to follow this to a successful finish.

Product Rectangle Font Material property Screenshot
Rectangle Font Line Parallel Pattern

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I thought I'd update so daten after the e60 correction, but !!! , It stopped during programming and now it thinks it's an msv70 or at least it doesn't error with that. I didn't want to go with the programming for obvious reasons. ( Dme says msv80)

Maybe it was something with the LMA module that was set on msv70 ? Something in the vo/fa ? I'm trying to look up what the code for that is and change it to msv80 code

I'll report results if any

@pshovest, thanks for the info I'll keep you i touch if i move from this thread.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
In my head, i thought it needed to be updated with the correct vo/fa that gave some interesting results but not much of a change. It finally worked coding programming 7603220 first ( with 400 different lights ) then 7599740 ( with a lot less errors )that was the only way to get it working.

How does one code the DME back to factory? I guess that was my intent in the first place.

I should stop messing around with it and do more research

21 - 34 of 34 Posts