Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All,
I have done some searching of the interwebs and have found nothing, no clues, no definitive answers to my issues.

My car is a 2006 530i, from Florida with not the best maintenance and care history. I did an LM2 swap modification in February of 2018. Recently my eyebrows decided to quit working and I am trying to diagnose why. I have read the errors in my LM2 and I am getting an error code from INPA "0xA8B4 side marker light defective". This error indicates only the right side, I don't have one for the left side eyebrow, but neither side work as of about 4-5 weeks ago, and I did the LM2 swap back in February, and the eyebrows were working then up to 4-5 weeks ago. Don't really know or have any insight as to why both sides just quit working. I have all other lighting functions still working in my headlights, just not the eyebrows.

Has anyone else had this issue and fixed it? What was it? Any help appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Looks like a short circuit it can be fixed with Tool32

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah. As I was thinking about this after I posted that, I also have a short circuit fault. 0x9CB8.

But given the condition of my right headlight, I think I may be heading for having to replace the light or fix the degrading wire insulation problems that are known to be issues in these headlights.

I think that resetting the short circuit fault code with Tool32, it won't be gone until I replace/repair the light. Maybe.

Looks like a short circuit it can be fixed with Tool32

·
Registered
349 Posts
Do you have a multimeter? Disconnect eyebrow and measure the voltage. If there is no voltage, troubleshoot LM. If there is voltage, the eyebrow is shot. You could buy replacement eyebrows in different colors on ebay.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay. Thank you for the input, all. But here's a head-scratcher,my eye-brow lights just started working again, on their own with nothing being done. :confused:

5 days ago, I cleared my codes in INPA for my LM2 module (which the errors just appeared in the last month or so, LM2 has been in since February and working fine), and the codes came back.

Codes are:
0xA8B4 right side marker light defective
0x9CB8 short circuit fault

I think the next step for me would be to pull the right headlight and go in and see if I can put heat-shrink tubing on any if not all exposed wiring and fix my issues. Will report back with my findings.:thumbup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts