Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I had to replace my 07 E60. I had the heated seats and steering wheel, loved it.

But, in my replacement, it was a Florida car and does not have either heated seats or steering wheel, no heated seat DSC control module and not listed in the VIN decoder.

I know I'll need the DSC module with the heated seat buttons.

Were all seats built as either basic/sport/m-sport? Where you could have the seats with or without the heated seat controls, and the heating elements are in all seats?

I am wanting to either retrofit my car and add heated seats or if the parts are already built into the seats, make the heated parts functional.

If I have to buy seats, I am going with black and replacing the auburn (rotorange) the seats and door panels.

Has anyone here put in heated seats in their car where they didn't exist before and got them working? If so, where do I start?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
You will need to buy the heated seats. You might as well spring for the heated sport seats which may be hard to find. But as you said you will need the module with the buttons and also change the wiring harness which is probably the biggest part of the job.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Few days ago someone posted about parting their e60. They have the M-sport heated seats... Look it up. I talked to him about it and he was going to check with insurance about buying back his "totaled" car to part it out. They are black, Dakota, M-sport, heated seats...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nice, Thank you. Sounds like what I am looking for. Would you mind pointing me towards that thread?

Few days ago someone posted about parting their e60. They have the M-sport heated seats... Look it up. I talked to him about it and he was going to check with insurance about buying back his "totaled" car to part it out. They are black, Dakota, M-sport, heated seats...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mboat. Where are you located? I just bought cup holders & a few other parts from a gentleman in Jonesboro, Arkansas. He is parting out a silver e60 with black interior. It had the heated seats.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
1 - 7 of 7 Posts