BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an E61 2005 model, and as most of you know, the wiring to the tailgate is a joke. I have already fixed the right side, and today I started with the left side. Unfortunately I was rushing the process, and I cut all the wires before actually checking the color codes. Alle the wires but three are easy (unique color code), while there are three (3) identical brown/white wires. Since I cut all at the same time I have no clue if they are the same or if they carry diferent signals. My logic tells me that they are the same, e.g. ground, but I need to be sure.

Anyone? :)

Also, does anyone have the schematics for the E61 tailgate showing the left side wire harness?

Thanks a million!

Anbjørn

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have u looked at http://www.bmw-planet.net/diagrams/release/en/e60e61/index.htm ?

You'll need to use a browser that supports Java and let Java run - typically it is blocked from running by most browsers by default. I use Firefox when I need to go there.
Thanks! I knew about this site, but I could not get Java to work. After fiddling around a bit with IE, it finally worked :thumbup:.

The bad news is that I cannot seem to find the wires in question on any drawings...:tsk:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
OK, so I believe I have figured it out. The wires goes to the same reference point, so it shouldn't matter how I connect them. I have attached the schematics where I have have put a red ring around the actual wires I believe are the ones i have cut.

Attachments

·
Registered
2006 530xi 6 MT
4,383 Posts
Looks like you found it.

One question. In your original post, you say "brown/white" for the wires. Those wires in the diagram are white/brown (white with a brown stripe).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like you found it.

One question. In your original post, you say "brown/white" for the wires. Those wires in the diagram are white/brown (white with a brown stripe).
It should say "white/brown", as you state :)

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts