BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

recently I've bought 2009 E61 Touring with HiFi audio (2 subs, 2 tweeters, 2 front, 2 rear). It has some kind of amplifier in left pocket in trunk, that would probably be the stock one.

Anyone has experience with this audio setup? It seems to me that the sound is pretty bad. There is barely any bass. Trebles and mid ranges seems fine. I checked the subwoofers and they are definitely doing some "noise", but it's really poor.

Is this normal? Or maybe there is some hidden setup? I only have treble and bass slider in my CIC, I've put bass to max and treble to around 3/4.

Also, is there any way to play music over bluetooth? Currently I can only use it for voice calls and contact access (Samsung S7 edge).

Thanks for any info.

PS: Sorry for my english, it's not my native language.

· Registered
3,527 Posts
I have a system 7 in my car and find it can be painfully loud if I turn it up to ear bleed levels. It goes to eleven.

You have some issues with your system.

The amp in the rear left uses a fiber optic cable to connect to rest of the audio system so as to be immune to interference and noise.

· Registered
606 Posts
i would run the last 7 digits of your VIN through one of the BMW VIN decoders (bimmer.work) to see which audio system you have. that will help others to figure out what could be the problem and what could be done.

G~

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't see any volume level anywhere, so hard to tell.

But yes, it's loud, but no bass at lower levels. When I turn the volume up, there is "some" bass, but far from what I would like.

Are there any knobs on amplifier or is the treble and bass setting in CIC all I can set?

· Benz S211 Convert
513 Posts
Was CCC even in 2009 E61?
Yep. The early 2009 US-spec models, like mine, have a CCC head unit combined with the later knob and buttons.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Then that's probably my problem. The knob is from CIC, but I now remember the seller slightly mentioning that he was doing something with the display and that it's newer version. I only thought that the updated the nav software, but he probably changed CCC to CIC.
Is there any way to be sure about this?

· Registered
1999 BMW Z3 Roadster 2.5
884 Posts
guys a HIFI system is different then the Logic7 system. HIFI also has an amp in the trunk but smaller, more box like. the Logic7 amp is long like a rectangle. Easy way to be sure about this is if you have a Hz equalizer (not just treble and base) and a surroud system setting that you can turn on to concert or theater.

on your VIN sheet it would be called 677 HIGH SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL .

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
guys a HIFI system is different then the Logic7 system. HIFI also has an amp in the trunk but smaller, more box like. the Logic7 amp is long like a rectangle. Easy way to be sure about this is if you have a Hz equalizer (not just treble and base) and a surroud system setting that you can turn on to concert or theater.

on your VIN sheet it would be called 677 HIGH SYSTEM PROFESSIONAL .
Thanks, but I already stated that I have 676 Hifi Loudspeaker System. There is some kind of silver amp in the trunk. Only treble and bass in settings, so that's all correct.

However, it seems that it used to be CCC and then it got CIC - people say that then the sound is terrible because of different amp being used with CCC and CIC. Anyways, I couldn't find the amp anywhere in stock, it's discontinued and the price was bit high (350 or more USD).

Is there any easier DIY repair without replacing the amp? Anyone? Thanks.

· Registered
1999 BMW Z3 Roadster 2.5
884 Posts
Thanks, but I already stated that I have 676 Hifi Loudspeaker System. There is some kind of silver amp in the trunk. Only treble and bass in settings, so that's all correct.

However, it seems that it used to be CCC and then it got CIC - people say that then the sound is terrible because of different amp being used with CCC and CIC. Anyways, I couldn't find the amp anywhere in stock, it's discontinued and the price was bit high (350 or more USD).

Is there any easier DIY repair without replacing the amp? Anyone? Thanks.
thats what i'm trying to say. the diff between the logic7 amp and the normal Hifi amp is the size. you dont want to go and get the logic7 amp. use the part numbers and find it used online or at a scrapyard.

This is a parts diagram if you want to make sure about the HIFI vs HIFI PROFESSIONAL size.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=NV93-USA-10-2008-E60N-BMW-535xi&diagId=65_1313

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/showparts?id=NB53-USA-06-2006-E60-BMW-550i&diagId=65_1314

Also i compared some part numbers for preLCI there is only one part number for the amp for the normal HIFI system. Post LCI there are 2. the only part number which has YES next to CIC is 65129198762.

So the amp you want for your CIC is:

Just before you go pay money, make sure the part number on your current amp is the CCC version which should be either of these:

· Registered
656 Posts
Hello,

recently I've bought 2009 E61 Touring with HiFi audio (2 subs, 2 tweeters, 2 front, 2 rear). It has some kind of amplifier in left pocket in trunk, that would probably be the stock one.

Anyone has experience with this audio setup? It seems to me that the sound is pretty bad. There is barely any bass. Trebles and mid ranges seems fine. I checked the subwoofers and they are definitely doing some "noise", but it's really poor.

Is this normal? Or maybe there is some hidden setup? I only have treble and bass slider in my CIC, I've put bass to max and treble to around 3/4.

Also, is there any way to play music over bluetooth? Currently I can only use it for voice calls and contact access (Samsung S7 edge).

Thanks for any info.

PS: Sorry for my english, it's not my native language.
If all you want is a little more bass, let's say at low volumes, so you can make things sound in better harmony, then I would suggest amplifying the subs. i did this in my E61 with the same Hi-fi system you have. The stock amp is very weak for the subs, but the subs (although weak) can handle much more power than the stock amp can provide.

It is true that from the head unit the system is fiber optics, but out of the amp are regular positive and negative wires for each speaker. I installed the amp myself and put a sub-box, but after a few months I hated the fact that the box used 1/3 of my trunk space, so i decided to cut the wires and amplify the car's subs, thinking that if I blew them up it would give me a good reason to upgrade to the SWS subs...well, it has been about a year and OEM subs are still holding on, they sound pretty good,e specially with the windows down.

I would say try this first. There are diagrams for the the wires out there, I think in N54 forum or one of those, or I can try to dig it up for you if you don't find it.

· Registered
363 Posts
The CCC SA676 outputs high level, high pass front and rear signals from the CCC, and balanced, low level, low pass signals to a separate OEM amp in the trunk to power the underseat woofers.

The CIC SA676 outputs balanced, low level, full range, flat signals to a separate 6-channel OEM amp in the trunk.

You can wire the CIC amp, contact Technic he should have a harness for that or make you one, or get a aftermarket balanced input amp and get rid of the oem crap.

· Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
The CCC SA676 outputs high level, high pass front and rear signals from the CCC, and balanced, low level, low pass signals to a separate OEM amp in the trunk to power the underseat woofers.

The CIC SA676 outputs balanced, low level, full range, flat signals to a separate 6-channel OEM amp in the trunk.

You can wire the CIC amp, contact Technic he should have a harness for that or make you one, or get a aftermarket balanced input amp and get rid of the oem crap.
Thank you, now I finally understand what's going on.

Let's say I'm going to buy aftermarket one, what parameters should I focus on? I don't know single thing about car audio or audio in general :D

For example what input and output connectors should it have? What output power should it have? How do I power it - do I need some adapter or even electrician to put it in the car? Primary I want to make it as low cost as possible.

Would this suffice?
http://www.hifi-tower.co.uk/Auna-W2-AC600-6-Channel-Car-Amplifier-with-LED-Lights-6000W_i4452.htm

Or could you recommend something else? I don't want to get the best sound available, I would like to only replace the stock one (which is very hard to get) and get similar results.

Thanks!

· Benz S211 Convert
513 Posts
Maybe try to find another similar car and compare the audio quality... :(
Not sure what your expectations are. But unless you are one of those people who need it for their ego to be heard from three miles away, I doubt you would describe the standard sound system as having "barely any bass".

· Registered
656 Posts
Interesting, the amp is 65129198762. I don't know what should I check next. Maybe try to find another similar car and compare the audio quality... :(
Perhaps try my suggestion.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.