BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hei, I am new at this forum and live in Norway so sorry for my english.

I have a strange issue with my E61 525DA 2004. Was driving the car normal and then the transmission fault came up in idrive followed by:

Transmission locked in 3rd (not possible to shift manually) (limp mode probably) Speedo, rpm, trip, km, ABS, control systems, level control failure rear suspension (not working), cruise, fuel pump failure (pump is working)

Took the car to a shop to take a diagnose but did not get contact with any systems. Checked the ecu plug for corrusion etc, not any particular to find, eighter no water in ecu box, passenger floor or in the rear trunk of the car. Have also tryed to to disconnect ABS control unit under the trunk, units in rear trunk and below passenger and driver seat.

Got in contact with a nother guy cross the country with exakt same problem with his E60. He is a car mechanic apprentice to and his boss think it is the ignition swith itself...?
His car have 170 000km on it and my car has 347 000km but same production year.

The BMW seller here in town are usless and only robbes people for money so I wont take my car to them. Need to fint another shop if must.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2006 530xi 6 MT
4,400 Posts
Have you checked under the console those wires connected to the shifter assembly? There are people who have had cut or shorting out wires there causing strange problems. It may not be your problem, but worth a look. You should be able to find some pictures of this with some web surfing.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Checket shiftet cable looked fine. Checked all pins for the ECU some changed due to corrusion. Upgraded the earth cable to the ECU aswell. Some corrusion in the trunk all visible fixed but same **** with car:( HEEELP!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts