BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

E61 Xdrive to RWD

604 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  dharmabmw
What’s up guys. I’m here just to get some insight on where to buy Transmission mount for the RWD conversion.
Wether you like it, hate it- Im LS swapping this wagon with a 6.0 and 4L80e trans. I have all my Holley wiring and engine management. Im not here to debate or go back in fourth about opinion. This is not my first BMW, I love them all up until everything turned turbo.
This N52 in my 530xi is burning oil, and the x drive system is in 3rd gear limp home mode. I’m thinking about addressing the transmission and driving it stock until i source all Swap parts, but not set in stone.

Which RWD trans Mount is needed for this LS swap?
Thanks,
from Texas.
Vehicle Wheel Car Tire Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Automotive tail & brake light Tire Wheel Vehicle Car
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
I do love my N52, and the AWD system has dragged me through some pretty sketchy winter rides. And getting 27mpg on regular on my road trips is a huge plus...

But I'll be watching this project since your car is a dead ringer for mine. I'm thinking that an LS swap will make the humble E61 a real sleeper. Put me in the "love it" category! I saw a similar conversion for a Z3 that I think could be result in a really "memorable" car (given that it actually makes the car lighter).
Go to realoem.com and put in similar information MY etc, for a rwd sedan.
Reactions: Bmv er
1 - 3 of 3 Posts