Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just bought an e63 M6 & I have noticed that the brake pedal travel is quite a good but more noticeable than my 630i. The M6 has just had a brake fluid change & the front & rear pads were changed 10k miles ago, it has 48k miles on the clock. The pedal in the 630i also feels solid under foot but the M6 requires a bit more of a press to engage, not spongy like air in the system though. The brakes do stop really well but I'm just curious if any one with an M6 had noticed something similar.
I'm a 2 x e63 6 Series house now!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Congrat's on your M6 purchase! :thumbup:

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice ride,its a shame that your licence seems 3 feet long
Ha! That's is the standard size licence plate for almost every country outside US & Canada.

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
And while we're on the topic of things wrong with OP's car, i think someone installed your steering wheel and dash backwards. they're on the wrong side of the car!

·
Michael
2,211 Posts
And while we're on the topic of things wrong with OP's car, i think someone installed your steering wheel and dash backwards. they're on the wrong side of the car!
The steering wheel is on the correct side it is just that following the Boston Tea Party Americans and their Canadian cousins decided to do the complete opposite of everything English, hence they decided to put their steering wheel on the left, when everyone knows that the steering on the right hand side makes for better handling and driver ability!!!!!

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
The steering wheel is on the correct side it is just that following the Boston Tea Party Americans and their Canadian cousins decided to do the complete opposite of everything English, hence they decided to put their steering wheel on the left, when everyone knows that the steering on the right hand side makes for better handling and driver ability!!!!!
I've just come back from 2 weeks driving all over in the UK and Europe. I happen to be Auto-Dexterous being that I can drive right or left. I don't really mind one or the other, but round-abouts are always fun. Oh yes, and doing 65 MPH down a 2-way country lane 1 car wide with another car coming at you will wake you up in the AM. At least they know what Flash-to-Pass means on the M25.

Of course the most fun is in the Caribbean where the ancient British custom of right hand driving, is complimented by the left hand drive used American cars. Love when the taxi drivers ask the passenger to look so they can pass the big truck. :yikes::yikes::yikes:

·
Michael
2,211 Posts
I've just come back from 2 weeks driving all over in the UK and Europe. I happen to be Auto-Dexterous being that I can drive right or left. I don't really mind one or the other, but round-abouts are always fun. Oh yes, and doing 65 MPH down a 2-way country lane 1 car wide with another car coming at you will wake you up in the AM. At least they know what Flash-to-Pass means on the M25.

Of course the most fun is in the Caribbean where the ancient British custom of right hand driving, is complimented by the left hand drive used American cars. Love when the taxi drivers ask the passenger to look so they can pass the big truck. :yikes::yikes::yikes:
Every American I have known who comes to visit and work in the UK are totally flabbergasted at the driving ability of UK drivers!! They are amazed at how narrow our roads are even A roads and in towns and cities, major commuters routes etc. and the fact that we drive at the speed we do and I do not mean SLOW!!!!
Funny last time I was in Barbados riding in a taxi the driver told me his Vauxhall X had done 800000 miles, I said I believed his every word, as looking down at the floor of the car we could see the road and he gave advanced warning of bumps and pot holes as he had no suspension travel at all, it was only the springs in the seats that gave any relief, made worse that the air conditioning which was the open windows that actually did not close.
Not a problem you may think but stuck in a traffic jam going to the hotel, a street seller at the side of the road was gutting her fish with great swings of her hatchet for a significant volume to fly through the open window into the rear of the car............ life's rich tapestry, you just cannot get angry !!!!!!!!!

ps I knew what you mean't by AUTO DEXTEROUS, what made me smile that you then had to explain it, says a lot about the readership!!!!!! Lol

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Every American I have known who comes to visit and work in the UK are totally flabbergasted at the driving ability of UK drivers!! They are amazed at how narrow our roads are even A roads and in towns and cities, major commuters routes etc. and the fact that we drive at the speed we do and I do not mean SLOW!!!!
Yes, its amazing that even A roads are considered major roadways but can be one lane in each direction in the middle of what seems like a forest. Always exciting. I guess that's what happens when you let the Romans build your roads. :rofl: Damn skinny chariots!

BTW, I've often thought that this was the reason that the British were so polite. If you don't learn to yield while driving, you die... :thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts