BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello my 2006 E65 automatic boot has been playing up. it started by not working at all. i have checked the fuse and its ok. I've also checked the fluid level and it looks good. I've changed the control unit and now the boot will close by the button in the boot and by the fob. I've checked the switch in the centre console too. i just can't get it to open by the fob or button in the car. if you open the boot by the handle it will work if you lift it just past the lock. if i do it by the fob you can hear it unlock then lock again. any help would be great thanks.

·
Registered
90 Posts
hello my 2006 E65 automatic boot has been playing up. it started by not working at all. i have checked the fuse and its ok. I've also checked the fluid level and it looks good. I've changed the control unit and now the boot will close by the button in the boot and by the fob. I've checked the switch in the centre console too. i just can't get it to open by the fob or button in the car. if you open the boot by the handle it will work if you lift it just past the lock. if i do it by the fob you can hear it unlock then lock again. any help would be great thanks.
From what you described the boot "lock" is still engaged. I know this probably sounds dumb, but, recheck the center console switch and make sure it is adjacent to the open padlock emblem.
You can check if the boot mechanism works but using the key. Insert the key into the boot lock and turn, keep the key turned until the boot lid rises above the lock.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts