BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having a unique problem. I already posted in the coding forum but I thought I would try here also. I have a 2002 745li. I was having some trouble getting INPA to communicate with my instrument cluster. Thinking maybe an update would help I used Winkfp to update the Kombi. Now my fuel gauge doesn't work anymore and the car thinks it runs on hydrogen. I have a low hydrogen warning popping up telling me to refuel the hydrogen tank. Also I now have a digital speedometer showing up under the tach and the mpg used to be. That digital speedometer is only showing about 1/3 actual speed. I tried using ncsexpert to reset the module but I get an error. When I load my VO it shows komdie65-04. But when I read the module it shows kombie65-06. I get an error when I try to recode. I can't remember the error right now but when I get home later I'll post some pics and screenshots. If anybody has a 2002 745li and uses nfsexpert, I would really like to look at the .trc for your kombi.
Also I would like to thank everybody for all the help with the maintenance diys. I have just about rebuilt this entire 7 using this forum.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
When I search for that error all that comes up is people that retro fitted something and didn't change their VO. I haven't changed anything and I don't see anything in my VO that has anything to do with the KOMBI

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can read. I can make changes in the .man and code it back. But it will not let me code it to default. It was working fine and I tried to code it with default values and that is when the fuel gauge quit working and the hydrogen signs started popping up. That is why I wanted to look at somebody else's trc out man file. So I could compare values. Somebody with a gasoline 745li.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes. After reading a service PDF about gauge clusters I flashed it again with all zeros for the vin and it started working normally again. Then I flashed it again with my vin and it fine. Almost. Now the hydrogen warnings are gone and the fuel gauge works again. But now I have two fuel gauges. One for gas and one for gasoline. I still can't communicate with the Kombi using inpa or NSC

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.