BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

do you know if a set of E65 wheels will fit a E63?

I have an offer for a set of Style 92 forged wheels, but they come from a E65 and the sizes are a bit different.

Wheel Sizes:
Front: 19 x 9 ET24
Rear : 19 x 10 ET24

The car is full stock :)

Thanks,
Joao Completo

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
You will need to use spacers with those wheels - 10mm (safe) to 15mm (aggressive) at all 4 corners.

The tire size on the 7-series is also a little larger than what the 6ers use - by about 4% - so you can use the tires on the wheels for now but when you go to replace them change the tires to 255/40R19 front + 285/35R19 rear or 245/40R19 front + 275/35R19 rear.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Yorgi,

thank you for your feedback! I went to the tyre shop and they said it would fit! They took the measures and confirmed it would be fine! I have them now on the car, but based on your feedback, I'll probably buy the spacers! The tyres that comes with them are the "correct" size for the 6 ...

An image of them fitted:

The danger is that they don't have enough play space on the inside right?

THanks!

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
...The danger is that they don't have enough play space on the inside right?

THanks!
Stock offset is 14mm front and rear which is why I suggested 10mm to return those wheels to stock offset.

You are correct, at ET24 the inside of the rim will be very close to the shock. If you take a look I bet they are almost rubbing on the shock. Also, looks-wise people tend to add spacers to improve looks by pushing the wheels out past stock offset. With ET24 you have the opposite situation - the wheels are "tucked-in" which makes the car look anemic to me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts