BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Morning,

Found this site and thought I would post a thread on here.

I have a 2007 BMW 750li with 106k that will crank but won't start. We have replaced the battery as well as the IVM and Crank position sensor with no luck. We have also checked the inline fuel rail and it measured 49 psi during cranking. Not sure where to go from here. The nearest BMW dealer is over 300 miles away so that isn't really an option right now.

Codes: PDF Malfunction / Driver side air bag malfunction- (Both codes have always showed up since I have owned the car)

Symptoms:
Leading up to the car breaking down I would be at a stop light during the heat of the day and the car would just quit. It would take around 10 or so restarts to get going again. Not sure what was causing this. Other then that I think the chorcal coal canister is bad as when I go to fill up with gas the pump just keeps kicking off like its full. I had just filled up the car prior to breaking down. I also use to have a coolant leak which the coolant pressure sensor on the lower hose was replaced. I also had a leak from the high pressure oil sensor on the front of the block replaced as it was leaking. Other work performed on the car would be spark plugs were replaced around 2k miles ago as well as water pump and belt.

Let me know your thoughts or if you have encountered something like this before. Is the DME bad? Whats next?

Thank you

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine had the same problem. I had changed my sparkplugs and somehow the EWS got tripped which is a security system that shuts the fuel pumps off because the car thinks its being stolen. To fix this you have to RE align the CAS with the Computer and then clear the code which is 2737.. Hope this works for you! Its about 300 at the bmw dealership. But if you can find somebody that has the computer to do it it will be a lot cheaper. Only takes a few minutes.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts