BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving me nuts. Major rattle coming from rear window back area of car sounds like plastic squeak rattle combo. I thought it was the rear cover that covers the Center brake light so removed that. The thought maybe it's the spare so I took that out. It's not the rear sunvisor as that seems pretty solid and makes no difference wether it's up or down. It doesn't sound like its the suspension or any exhaust hangers etc. It's coming from inside toward the back. Any help would be appreciated. Iv searched every forum to no avail.
( on a side note also finally finished my muffler electric bypass valve. Sounds amazing very Maserati sounding which was surprising. Video coming soon)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Your muffler electric bypass? :D Nice! Been looking for a way to make my 745 sound a bit beefier too...

Are you sure it's not something in your rear toolbox that's rattling?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your muffler electric bypass? :D Nice! Been looking for a way to make my 745 sound a bit beefier too...

Are you sure it's not something in your rear toolbox that's rattling?
I fixed it thanks to a previous response on another post.
It was the metel behind the rear arm rest it has tack welds so it can pop out to install a ski hatch. And over time comes lose. I removed it. Now it's back to silent.

I have installed electric by pass on a few cars and have to say the e66 had the best results I have ever seen.
It sounds better than any full exhaust system I have heard on a e66.
I bought a cheap 100 kit with remote in eBay. Paid a muffler shop 100 to notch a hole before the muffler and aim it towards the drivers side rear wheel. Took 40mins. Then I ran the wire above the sway bar and drilled a whole in the top of the back of the wheel well And Jb welled the hole with some sealent. To keep the rain out. I ran the wire to the battery in the back. Took 10 mins. Result sounds like my 2009 Maserati QP. Till I hit the silent button. Best 200bux I have ever spent on any of my cars.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I now have an 07 750 Li and my previous 06 e66 made the rattling sound but started doing it as soon as I hit 39mph and it was my rear wheel bearings that were bad.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts