BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello. I got my self e70 2007
None of 2 cigaret light working, after research I find, apparently it's located in the boot and fuse number 111
But how do I know which 111
Anybody had simulate problems with fuses?

Attachments

·
Registered
12,366 Posts
See that white fuse diagram along the top of the pic you posted? Pull it out if it's removable...it should give the fuse locations within the fuse panel (if it's like any of the fuse diagrams in every BMW I've owned ).

For example, the rear fuse panel in my e53 has an alphabetical list of the fuses & their fuse nbr...then the illustration shows the fuse nbr location & amperage of the fuses. So if fuse nbr 72 was blown...the fuse index tells me it's for the radio...and the diagram tells me it's the 1st fuse on the left...and it's a 30 amp fuse:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you. I figured out now. I changed about 5 fuses, but problem was: I didn't start the engine. Turns out cigaret Light worked fine. I didn't know bmw not let you charge when engine not running, as I owne audis previously.

·
Registered
12,366 Posts
:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
What I happen to discover is that it can happen that a an apparently innocuous metal object can make its way into the cigarette lighter socket in the center console and short it out. A paperclip or a pen are enough. Just keep that in mind or buy a socket cover to prevent it from happening again.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
23,307 Posts
What I happen to discover is that it can happen that a an apparently innocuous metal object can make its way into the cigarette lighter socket in the center console and short it out. A paperclip or a pen are enough. Just keep that in mind or buy a socket cover to prevent it from happening again.
or a penny or dime...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts