BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else get a package in the mail about this class action suit. It seems if you have ever been locked out of your car you might have a chance to recover the costs of getting the car open.

Check out www.comfortaccesssettlement.com/ for more info...

·
Registered
355 Posts
I got something that looked to be about rust protection. It went into the circular file, as I recently traded my X5 in.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Anyone else get a package in the mail about this class action suit. It seems if you have ever been locked out of your car you might have a chance to recover the costs of getting the car open.

Check out www.comfortaccesssettlement.com/ for more info...
I got "that" letter today but our X5 is a F15 2015, which does not fall into the dates they indicate. 2007 thru 2013, which are F70's. Guess some lawers are looking to sue BMW over locking the key FOB in the car.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I got the comfort access thing in the mail too. Only ever been locked out once and BMW remotely unlocked the car for me. Under those facts I am not eligible for any compensation. I am happy that the remote access worked pretty quickly. My brother locked his key in the back of his Range Rover and my mother drove 200 miles (and back) to bring him the spare key.

·
Registered
622 Posts
There's definitely a deadzone in the trunk area of my X5. I've left my key FOB in my golf bag and closed the trunk door and the CA doors would not respond. AAA took care of it the first time I was too far from my wife with the spare, second was 5 mins from my house. Never happened again because I didn't make that mistake again.

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The only issue I have had is a door handle not working intermittently, was still under warranty and the dealer found nothing but the problem never manifested after that. Also a couple times I have found the car unlocked when I know it was locked before I walked away from it.

·
Found the Search Button
2014 i3 BEV
1,772 Posts
Yeah. Got it a couple days ago. Our truck spontaneously locked itself with no user input with the key sitting on the rear seat. My one year old was buckled in the back seat and PD/FD had to smash a window to get him out. Scarier part was that the dealer could not find a hardware issue or cause and just “reset the CAS system” and handed the keys back to me.

Sent from my iPad using Bimmerfest

·
Resident Curmudgeon
22,849 Posts
F&^$%#(ing lawyers

The class action attorneys will make a pile, BMW will give everyone a $100 coupon on a new BMW.

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
Yep I got that one in the mail the other day. I added it to the stack of airbag recall notices. I almost have enough to wallpaper my office now :)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
I got it. Proposal is - Lawyers get up to $692k, original plaintiff gets $5k, rest of us eligible for $600 if we have poof we were locked out. I threw it out. Stuff like this just makes things cost more and be more inconvenient for the rest of us.

·
Found the Search Button
2014 i3 BEV
1,772 Posts
Considering I’m out $1,300 in damage to the window and the retractable screen, that’s better than nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Considering I’m out $1,300 in damage to the window and the retractable screen, that’s better than nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest
$1300. Ouch. I thought you were out glass replacement costs which insurance would have paid for. As a parent, that must have been a rough day. Did BMW pony up anything? I find it easy to get a check from them with a nicely worded letter and the backing of my service manager.

With the key sitting on the rear seat, or anywhere within range of the handle, the slightest touch of a handle will lock/unlock. A few drops of water will set mine off if I am washing the car. Or possibly a leaf or bug. It is a pretty crude system compared to the one in our F15 which makes sense as it was designed 15 years ago. It's too bad we can't set it to unlock only.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I got it. Proposal is - Lawyers get up to $692k, original plaintiff gets $5k, rest of us eligible for $600 if we have poof we were locked out. I threw it out. Stuff like this just makes things cost more and be more inconvenient for the rest of us.
That is why I never sign up even if I am eligible, which I am not in this case.

Its a lawyers windfall. Nothing in it for the consumers.

Its a Judicial scam.

Finally consumers pay more as manufacturers raise their price to cover legal expenses.

·
Registered
12,022 Posts
I got it, but my x5 doesnt have ca? go figure.

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 99K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,538 Posts
Lots of folks call their X5 a truck.
Maybe that you know. ‘Folks’ have been rebuked here on BF for calling their X5 SAV a truck.

Imagine BMW making an open bed kuntry kadillac on an X5 platform. There goes the weight distribution.

·
Registered
819 Posts
For the ignorant who call X5 a truck

X5 is a SAV built on the BMW 5 series sedan platform with a raised suspension and unibody construction.

Truck denote a body on frame vehicles like the Ford 15/250/350 , Chevy Silverado and Dodge RAM series.

The only truck-like SUV is the Toyota 4Runner / Land Cruiser / Range Rover / Tahoe /Suburban/ Yukon/ Yukon Denali and the Jeep Wrangler and Rubicon . Even the Jeep Cherokee / Grand Cherokee series is not a true truck.

·
Registered
7,518 Posts
The notice was for the X5. What does it have to do with your truck?
Way to take the thread completely off the rails Buddy. Yes, the regulars know to not call it a truck but we all know what is being referred to.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts