Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys

I have 2010 bmw x5. The footwell module went bad and I sent it in for repair. I got it back and installed it and a lot of errors popped up regarding brake light, turn signals, 1 headlight and few others. I’m curious if I have to program the fixed module? Or clear the codes to fix it? The other thing is I got a new battery and installed it while I sent out the module. I have yet to get to my buddy’s house to have him register it. I’m curious maybe if this is part of the issue. Non registered battery. Any help would be great

·
Nuclear engineer
02/2012 X5 35d M57Y CPO 98K miles NOKIAN WR G3 12K miles
17,091 Posts
This is a meta-interesting post to the X Series forum (header).

Aren’t these errors similar to your indication of the faulty FRM in the first place? Did you ask your repairman?

Registration of the battery is good practice for best service life. It will work fine without registration.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately I sent this fmr to Florida for repair and they aren’t open today to ask them what’s going on. I am going to a friends today to get battery registered and to see if he can reprogram the frm. Some of the lights work now and windows have power. The dash lights work so it did fix some stuff but is giving me errors on a lot of other lights like brake lights 1 headlight and few others.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts