BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone has the price and options list of the E70? It is true that the E70 is going to be available to the US market in Nov 06 whereas the rest of the world in March/April 07? Will the E70 08 Model Year be built in Sept 07?
 

·
BMW Fanatic
Joined
·
619 Posts
xdrive said:
Does anyone has the price and options list of the E70? It is true that the E70 is going to be available to the US market in Nov 06 whereas the rest of the world in March/April 07? Will the E70 08 Model Year be built in Sept 07?
Nov 24th is US release date. It will be at LA auto show in November. Europe release is March 2007. Check price/ options here.
 

·
Nothing specific
Joined
·
984 Posts
Ha, I forgot about that. Usually Europe gets all the cool new cars before us, but since the X5 is made in the US...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
LeMansX5 said:
Nov 24th is US release date. It will be at LA auto show in November. Europe release is March 2007. Check price/ options here.
Thanks for the link. Great info there. But do you know when BMW will release the full price and option lists. I was hoping to see that options like adjustable air suspension, M-steering wheel (with paddle shifters), M-aero kit, etc will be avaliable with the first batch.

LeMans, with respect to colors, do you think that people can special order the Carbon Black? If so, how much do you reckon? As to color of the interior, is Cinnamon Brown and Creamy Beige standard coz the pics shown in those leaked pics have the interior in those colors?

When do you think BMW will have the new X5 brochure ready?:)
 

·
Vendor
Joined
·
7,262 Posts
xdrive said:
Does anyone has the price and options list of the E70? It is true that the E70 is going to be available to the US market in Nov 06 whereas the rest of the world in March/April 07? Will the E70 08 Model Year be built in Sept 07?
Yes, it will be a November launch near the end of the month.

Base MSRP for MY2007 X5 3.0si: $45,900

Base MSRP for MY2007 X5 4.8i: $54,500
 

·
Tar Heel Faithful
Joined
·
14,127 Posts
xdrive said:
Is this the new tobacco interior color combination?:)
Looks like it! I like it a lot:p In fact if it weren't for that (dorky) joystick shifter, I'd say the interior is near-perfect! Note that they changed the "clown nose"......although I kinda liked the way it is now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Is the tobacco color very similar to terra used in the E90?

Btw what do you think about purchasing an early production vehicle?

Furthermore, were you guys able to find the height adjustment button in those leaked pics? I remember someone said that the E70 has air suspension.
 

·
BMW Fanatic
Joined
·
619 Posts
xdrive said:
Is the tobacco color very similar to terra used in the E90?

Btw what do you think about purchasing an early production vehicle?

Furthermore, were you guys able to find the height adjustment button in those leaked pics? I remember someone said that the E70 has air suspension.
Tobacco appears darker than terra, but will wait and see.

I will wait for all the bugs to be out before buying. Also BMW is developing a twin-turbo V8 which will be used in the new X6 and will also be used in X5s, that plus they will have dynamic xdrive. And they will have a 4.8is replacement with 400+hp and may be with an ///M badge. So I will wait till 2008 before I decide.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Actually, do you expect a lot of bugs for the initial production batch. I think the only new items used in the E70 are the Flexray tech and the updated steptronic. The rests maybe new to X5 but not new to BMW.

I wonder how much more expensive will that be comparing to the current 4.8is. To be honest, the current 4.8is is pretty expensive already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,282 Posts
xdrive said:
Is the tobacco color very similar to terra used in the E90?

Btw what do you think about purchasing an early production vehicle?

Furthermore, were you guys able to find the height adjustment button in those leaked pics? I remember someone said that the E70 has air suspension.
iDrive.

xdrive said:
Actually, do you expect a lot of bugs for the initial production batch. I think the only new items used in the E70 are the Flexray tech and the updated steptronic. The rests maybe new to X5 but not new to BMW.

I wonder how much more expensive will that be comparing to the current 4.8is. To be honest, the current 4.8is is pretty expensive already.
it is new. first three months at least = guaranteed lemon

4.8i =/= 4.8is. That is like "Why is the '06 750Li only 80k, and the '01 750iL was 120k?

:throw:

sorry for the flame job.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Meiac09 said:
it is new. first three months at least = guaranteed lemon
This is worrying. Just wondering why the waiting list is so long if the initial batch is going to have a lot of bugs?

The new Merc ML and Audi Q7 don't seem to have a lot of problems with their initial production. Like the E60 and E90, there doesn't seem to be a lot of problems with the early production cars. How come with the X5, you guys think the initial production cars will equal to lemon? :dunno:
 

·
Nothing specific
Joined
·
984 Posts
xdrive said:
This is worrying. Just wondering why the waiting list is so long if the initial batch is going to have a lot of bugs?

The new Merc ML and Audi Q7 don't seem to have a lot of problems with their initial production. Like the E60 and E90, there doesn't seem to be a lot of problems with the early production cars. How come with the X5, you guys think the initial production cars will equal to lemon? :dunno:
No one expects the E70 to be any different from the E60 and E90. People said the same things about those models. Some people think that all early production cars will have bugs galore.

There is some truth to that, but I wouldn't let it stop me from buying a car in its first model year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
avalys said:
There is some truth to that, but I wouldn't let it stop me from buying a car in its first model year.
Like some people have said, the new E70 is more of evolutionary than revolutionary. Does it imply that the mechanism of the E70 would be very similar to the latest E53? It doesn't have Dynamic X-drive. The only new things (as far as I know) are the flexray and the "updated" steptronic (but still only a steptronic). This actually may help the new E70 to reduce any potential issue with the early production lot. Do you think so?

Anyway, I think you are right and there will be a lot of people lining up to get the new X5 as quickly as possible. It is definitely a great car. Hopefully it won't have too many problems.

BTW, anyone here who bought an early production E53 would like to share their views? Has anyone heard of any drastic issue with the early production E53?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
79 Posts
avalys said:
No one expects the E70 to be any different from the E60 and E90. People said the same things about those models. Some people think that all early production cars will have bugs galore...
Hey, this is BMW we're talking about... not Land Rover... :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
do you think there is any difference between the Bimmers made in Germany and the US in terms of quality? People seem to have bad experience with the early production E53 X5 and thats why they are trying to avoid them with the E70. Any view?

Btw, here is the link to the new pricing info: http://www.worldcarfans.com/news.cf...60815.008/bmw/new-bmw-x5-pricing-announced-us

They didn't mention anything about the height adjustable air suspension! I thought this should be available for the E70 since the E53 has it or is it a standard item now?:dunno:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,544 Posts
any pictures of the black bamboo interior trim?? My wife hates the wood tones. Would love to see what's new. thanx in advance.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I had just graduated from College when my parents got one of the first X5s from our dealership. Upon coming inside we began to smell something burning because we were in the kitchen talking, and it smelled like a burnt light receptacle or something. Upon further investigation we found that this one month old car was ON FIRE, flames actually emitting from the front grill. We put it out and took it into the dealership. Turns out a part was replaced and eventually recalled for all X5's. Our was the first. Something to do with the fan or something, I could get the details.

Bottom line, if this had happened at night and we had gone right to bed and not smelled anything, would our whole house have burned down? Would the fire have spread to the gas tank and blown us up? :rofl:

Who knows....
 

·
BMW-addicted
Joined
·
1,335 Posts
I wonder how much more expensive will that be comparing to the current 4.8is. To be honest, the current 4.8is is pretty expensive already.
I think the 4.8is only appears to be that expensive compared by the base-MSRP. If you decide to get a 4.8is, you're getting everything but a base-equipped SAV. If you're adding all the options to the 4.4, the price-gap between those cars becomes surprisingly small...:thumbup:

Mercedes M-Class or Cayenne S - when equally equipped - turn this car into a bargain....:D

We did the math and after taking the options into consideration that aren't even available on the 4.4i (like the 20"-wheels with these monster-tires, upgraded leather), the 4.8is wasn't a bad deal...;)
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top