BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am expecting delivery of my first BMW this week. I have been an Audi owner for the past 6 years but I took the plunge on the 2012 X5 i35 with M package and fully loaded.

I am having a tough time finding a service schedule for the E70 platform. Does anyone have a PDF copy or a link? Help a brother out please.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am expecting delivery of my first BMW this week. I have been an Audi owner for the past 6 years but I took the plunge on the 2012 X5 i35 with M package and fully loaded.

I am having a tough time finding a service schedule for the E70 platform. Does anyone have a PDF copy or a link? Help a brother out please.
Consider using the search function in this forum theres are 100's of post about this topic

https://www.bavauto.com/Assets/inst_pages/e70mc.pdf

Also in Idrive it will show you what you'll need to service in miles and date.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
24,073 Posts
Unlike many other car manufacturerss, bmw doesn't make it easy to understand when various maintenance items are required....

No nice neat table, no linear 'every x miles, every y years'.

Years ago they went to this 'bundled' terminology, of "Inspection I" and "Inspection II".. then they would allow dealers to play games with what THEY considwered part of an inspection I or II...now, they have the car tell you when service is required- just 'bring it to the shop', that way the dealer gets to tell you when youve entered the service sales process.

The key to all of this was creating confusion and mystery around "BMW Service". Customers became far more likely to think "only BMW dealers can service these cars" and "I want the car to get the best service, a BMW dealer will reduce the odds of something being missed".

One other key: The BMW manitenance recommdendstions are woefully inadequate. It used to be engineers were given free reign to decide 'what will ensure that this machine will last indefinitely?" Now they are constrained by all sorts of conflicting objectives...Like "BMW now pays for maintance, how ca we do less?" and "If we do less mainteance, we can then claim lower cost of ownership when compared to other cars, and even odd stuff like 'used oil and fluids are a biohazard- by doing less maintennace we are actually being green. All overlaid with a mindset that BMW really doenst give a crap what happens after the firrst owner/leasee...

GL

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Is there anything to do / replace in the air condition system?

·
Registered
6,496 Posts
My maintenance schedule:

Every 5K: oil
Every 10K air filter
Every 20K: all AC filters
Every 20K: fuel filter
Every 60K: Transmission and Transfer case fluid
Every 100K: differential fluids
Every 100K or 5 years: coolant
Every two years: break fluid

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Thanks, I have this on my radar. I was thinking about checking the gas pressure in the system, etc. If it is not necessary, it is even better.

3 filters. Two under the hood and one in front of passenger seat below glove box.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts