BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I got E71 from 2012. Got iphone connected with bluetooth. Everything works fine, but when i try to find numbers in the phone book there are only about 15 listed at the beggining. Then all numbers are "..." I assumed it needs more time to generate it but simply when i scroll to lower letters sometimes it leaves big gap with numbers lets say from D to E marked as "..." and i cant do anything about it.

Also when there is search from A-Z, i type lets say first 3 letters from the contact i want to call, i confirm "OK" and it does nothing. It moves me to the beggining of the list and search A-Z. So if i want to make a call lets say to Mark, i cant type M, Ma, Mar or even Mark and get it because it doesnt work. I will have to scroll in the unkown territory and then find out that Mark number is actually even still unkown because its in the gap where no numbers are displayed.

Its really annoying as i cant make a call without finding contact in my phone and when i tried to find it anyway it takes ages to get it.

I believe the search option should find the names after first letters. I am also not sure how it normally works as i am new owner.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,712 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest! I've copied your question to our X6 forum, you'll get more help in here. My gut reaction is that this just doesn't work that well. The newer versions hardly work, 4+ year old tech seems even less likely too work. For your sake I hope I'm wrong. Try searching around in here and the E70 forum to see if you can find others having trouble as well.

Tim

1 - 2 of 2 Posts