BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious as the new 1er isn't suppose to be out til '11. Sooner than later in other words. Being that the typical lifespan of a BMW product is 7 years I can't see BMW keeping the E82 around for almost the entire lifespan of the next 1er? It could be possible...no?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Si, it is possible..
The 3 door has been out for a few years.
It's possible that the 3 door will get the first refurb, with the coupes and cabs coming a year or 2 later..
Few know and probably even fewer care..

·
Special Agent
2,683 Posts

·
Special Agent
2,683 Posts
If you're going on the Euro cycle then the E90 should be '05, not '06. The ladder MY was the E90's U.S. debut.
The fact that BMW has an agreement for the convert roof indicates that the convert will be in production until 2013, since it was launched at the same time as coupe it is a fair judgment to say the coupe will follow the same, even if it is a year earlier that is still a long ways away and not a reason to hold off on a purchase.

The hatch is a different story all together but the US will more than likely not even see it.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
425 Posts
The fact that BMW has an agreement for the convert roof indicates that the convert will be in production until 2013, since it was launched at the same time as coupe it is a fair judgment to say the coupe will follow the same, even if it is a year earlier that is still a long ways away and not a reason to hold off on a purchase.

The hatch is a different story all together but the US will more than likely not even see it.
:thumbup:
I get my news from BMW chief Norbert Reithofer.:p

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/S...y-News/BMW-tii-models-are-go/?content-block=0

F20 will be released in 2011.

Plus I am really waiting for the tii 3 and 1 series, since they have been confirmed.

·
Registered
13,798 Posts
I think a lot of carmakers' plans for the US are based on $2/gallon gasoline. $6 or $8 gas could really change those plans.

·
Special Agent
2,683 Posts
I get my news from BMW chief Norbert Reithofer.:p

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/S...y-News/BMW-tii-models-are-go/?content-block=0

F20 will be released in 2011.

Plus I am really waiting for the tii 3 and 1 series, since they have been confirmed.
Yes the F20 (hatchback here folks) will debut in 2011, there is no arguing that. The Coupe and Convert will live on for several more years... This is a fact, as Karmann has a contract to produce the roof until 2013.

The 1 series hatch has been around since 2004, the coupe/convert was just released. BMW is not going to scrap a 3 year old model.

BTW- what you read is not what he said; it was translated poorly.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts