BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Didnt really see anyone making a aftermarket part thread or any intro thread to any of these newcomers that want to pursue this part in their x3's. i'd just thought we'd post pics here and post our opinions on different kinds of aftermarket parts to x3's. As far as any of the categories go (exhaust, body kits, lighting, and performance) i can only think of the couple that i was educated in the e46 (3 series) forums such as: remus, eisenmann, uuc, rogue engineering, seidl tuning, gruppe m, hamann, acs, the ever popular dinan, technik engineering etc.... Personally here are the aftermarket parts i've found for the x3's.

remus exhaust

hamann's sexy application for the x3's, my personal favorite by far :supdude: .

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dinan
software
throttle body

i hope MPoWeRMAN can post pics of his beautifull angel eyes to contribute to this thread.
i really hope we can get more pics of aftermarket items for the x3, some of us may like modifying some of us might now but theres something for everyone in the aftermarket realm, maybe we'll see the other side of us x3 fanatics :yikes:? well, enjoy!! :thumbup:

·
Registered
131 Posts
a burrito said:
dinan
software
throttle body

i hope MPoWeRMAN can post pics of his beautifull angel eyes to contribute to this thread.
i really hope we can get more pics of aftermarket items for the x3, some of us may like modifying some of us might now but theres something for everyone in the aftermarket realm, maybe we'll see the other side of us x3 fanatics :yikes:? well, enjoy!! :thumbup:
you got it, and my remus exhaust has different tips than the one above, great sound though!!

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just thought i'd share another exhaust application and the probably the first header application to you guys for the x3, here it is:
P/N 787401, Supersprint headers

P/N 788602, Supersprint mid section with cats

P/N 788612 Supersprint mid section w/o cats

P/N 788603 Supersprint exhaust with leading pipes

P/N 788606 Supersprint exhaust

·
Registered
62 Posts
Digging this one up from the past, but any updates that people know about?

I'm looking into an exhaust for my X3; something that's not too loud in the cabin at cruising speeds.

·
Registered
252 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
mysticbluex3 said:
You guys think this is a real remus exhaust? Bavauto sales it for $500+ I think.
I believe the eBay exhaust will require welding/modification. The one for $500 or so is a direct bolt on exhaust.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I searched fairly diligently and was unable to find any available engine upgrade parts for a 2008 X3 (260 hp motor). Would like to do headers, catalytics, muffler, airbox & reflash. Those sites that responded to inquiries stated that there was little demand for these parts and, consequently, nobody manufactured them.

·
Do Not Go Gentle...
29 Posts
I searched fairly diligently and was unable to find any available engine upgrade parts for a 2008 X3 (260 hp motor). Would like to do headers, catalytics, muffler, airbox & reflash. Those sites that responded to inquiries stated that there was little demand for these parts and, consequently, nobody manufactured them.
I've been wondering if certain aftermarket parts for vehicles with the same engine would also work for the X3 -- maybe parts for the 328i or the X5 3.0si. Check Will Turner's site, for example, for the 328i:

http://www.turnermotorsport.com/html/show_category.asp?txtsearchParamCat=E90

You might be blazing a trail trying to fit some of these bolt-ons to an X3. Then you can let us all know how things work out!

·
Registered
198 Posts
i read someplace that the 3.0si being so light just isnt built to withstand forced induction. That may be another reason to explain the lack of power mods. Maybe there aren't many gains to be made on the 3.0si

·
Registered
60 Posts
IMHO none of the "add on" stuff is worth the money--you won't get much in the way of a performance increase with any of it other than the really expensive supercharger kit. Only changing the wheel/tire set up might be worth it to get a different look. The X3 is already pretty well set up and thats why you don't see much for them (also because the number of X3's on the road are relatively small). I recall my son setting up his G35 with literally everything under the sun only to be sadly disappointed when he ended up with only a very modest increase in power--at best. Save your money guys !!!!!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Looking to "Blaze a trail" in fitting aftermarket parts to a car that they were not intended for an an adventure one should be reluctant set out upon. Great risk to the wallet. Given that nothing really serious will go wrong with the usual bolt-on applications, the danger is that the performance parts, purchased and installed at great cost, must be removed at additional cost and the stock parts reinstalled. Loss of use of the car, aggravation at getting nowhere and having to somehow resell parts you can't use. The wrong parts will cost you as much as the right parts, assuming you could get them. Let someone else spearhead the charge.

A high performance, normally aspirated engine will not see major performance gains. For the X3, a full exhaust system, airbox and reflash, if and when available, will probably produce at most 20 to 25 rear wheel horsepower. Figure $6000+. Assuming 20 percent loss factor in the drivetrain, the X3 makes maybe 210 rear wheel horsepower, so this is around a 10 percent gain. Is it worth the money? A matter of opinion.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts