BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I could not find it and had to abort the job. I loosened one plastic plate underneath but could not really find the black box around all other black stuff in a wet and dark engine...

After some googling I think it may be located near the base of the oil dipstick. According to the info I have it should be a quick job from underneath on my E83 LCI, with a M47N2 engine (4 cylinder).

Anyone who knows for certain where it is and can give some pointers? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got some contradicting info but my (large) BMW dealer/shop says it's under the manifold and someone working at a BMW dealer says the same. I.e. have to lift the manifold off again. I did take pictures with it off and can't see it, could be because of poor light, and my BMW TIS says to access from underneath...

I'll let you know how it goes. I'll have the manifold off in 30 minutes this time so not a huge job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.