BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My E83 had the passenger occupancy sensor replaced under recall two years ago, just prior to me purchasing the car. I'm now experiencing an issue where the seat belt beeper is sounding, indicating someone is in the passenger seat, even when the seat is completely empty (no items placed on the seat, etc). Has anyone had any experience with this? Will BMW replace the occupancy sensor again, since it is not functioning properly?

·
Registered
290 Posts
The cheapest and quickest repair would be to plug in a seatbelt "simulator" into the yellow harness underneath the seat. They are around $10 on Amazon / eBay. Passenger airbag will always be on.

Just keep the seatbelt plugged in while driving until it arrives.

To your question, nobody can really tell if the dealer will honor a second repair to a recall. The longest warranty periods through the dealer are 1 year anyways. You can always give them a call & have the conversation though.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Anti-Hack
5,637 Posts
Give the dealer a call and ask; the dealer I bought my car from gives 2 year warranties on all their work.

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just wanted to share a quick update. I brought the car to a BMW Dealer (not even the dealer who originally handled the recall). This passenger occupancy sensor recall is covered by a 15 year extended warranty, so they resolved the issue for me free of charge.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I've had the same issue for a couple of years now happens when it's really not out and car has been sitting in Sun I've been using the seat belt extender fix

Wish I heard about the extended warranty earlier my x3 is 15.5 :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts