Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a right hand drive e83, where the front left passenger side power windows have stopped working. I need a new regulator so im wondering if I need to buy the American passenger side (which is the right-hand side in left-handed vehicles) or can I buy the American driver side which is the left hand side?

Hopefully my question makes sense.

Kind regards

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
Real OEM website can help with this

I just replaced my driver side North American rear window regulator so I have the old part off and can send pix and part number.

They are definitely handed.

Its about a one hour job. If you pull the regulator out you can zip tie in a block of wood to hold the window up whilst you gather parts, too. I did this for 2 years

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Real OEM website can help with this

I just replaced my driver side North American rear window regulator so I have the old part off and can send pix and part number.

They are definitely handed.

Its about a one hour job. If you pull the regulator out you can zip tie in a block of wood to hold the window up whilst you gather parts, too. I did this for 2 years
Thank you for the swift response. The Real OEM website helped me out it seems I can use the american driver side window regulator.

It only stopped working yesterday, I heard a loud crack as the window reached the top. thankfully my window is at the top position and is able to still go up and down slightly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts