BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good evening,

Frist of all let me introduce myself. I am giovanni, 30 years and from the Netherlands. I own my bmw 1 serie 116i from 2006 for 1 year now.

The problems started in August.
My abs, dsc and brake lights went on.. so i bought an Elm reader for Bluetooth to see what fault codes my ECU would give me

I get the following codes:

5DB3
Wheel speed sensor (rear left) plausibility at speed
< 20km/h

5DC3
Wheel speed sensor (rear right) plausibility at speed
< 20km/h

So i replaced my abs sensors.. erased the codes.. start the car and boem .. all light are off.. then i go for a small drive but once i put the car from the 1 to the 2 boem all lights back on.. i go back home with it and the abs kicks in when its not supposed to.. hard noises when i hit the brakes brrrrrrttt (abs kicking in ) so i park the car.. read the codes and still the same codes.. so okay i change the abs ring.. did the same thing as i did when i changed my sensors and still.. lights stays on and abs keeps kicking in while its not supposed tho.. what can it be? Also my vehicle speed doesnt show how hard i drive on the dashboard

Lets hope for the best and someone had some experience with it because even my mechanic doesnt know it

Sorry for my bad English
Product Font Screenshot Parallel Number

·
D'oh, You Kids!
1984 633CSi, 1985 635CSi, 1985 325e, 1987 325is, 1993 325is, 1995 318is, 1995 M3, 2003 F150
30,738 Posts
Welcome to Bimmerfest, Giovanni!

First, let me clarify which BMW model you have. You say its a 2006 116i, correct? That is odd, because the 1 Series was introduced in 2008. Anyway, you had posted in the E90 forum. I moved your post to the 1 Series forum so hopefully you can get some assistance.

Reactions: Giio

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Welcome to Bimmerfest, Giovanni!

First, let me clarify which BMW model you have. You say its a 2006 116i, correct? That is odd, because the 1 Series was introduced in 2008. Anyway, you had posted in the E90 forum. I moved your post to the 1 Series forum so hopefully you can get some assistance.
Thats correct, its a bmw 1 116i E87 from 2006.. and thanks for moving i didnt pay attention to the forum sector.. my bad

For your interest:
The original BMW 1-Series was introduced back in 2004 and received a facelift in 2007, but it took the world long enough to accept that this was a real BMW. In 2011, BMW is introducing the second generation of the 1-Series.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Nobody any ideas?
What sensors did you use as replacement? This thread here seems to indicate that less expensive, not OEM parts could be the problem:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts