BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all

! I am new to the forum because I bought before 1 month a E90 BMW 330D M-sport.
I really like the car.
Is the engine 330D reliable? I have 267000km right now haha.
I am trying to find the OBD 2 port but it is missing.
Do you know what happened or where can be?

Thank and sorry for my English.:angel:
Apostolos :thumbup::thumbup:

·
Breaking in the Pony
2019 Mustang GT / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
6,339 Posts
Mine was behind a small pop-off cover just in front of the driver's side door, near the hood release, about 12" above the floor. Granted, that was LHD, so I'm not certain it would have an exact mirror location in the UK.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the replying.
Yes I know where is originally the OBD2 port but in my car is missing.
I know where the OBD "trap door" is under the steering column, where you plug the interface cable to the scan tool, BUT, when I open the trap door cover I can not feel or see any kind of connector in there at all. Checked by feeling around and looking with flashlight, but I can not see any OBD socket whatsoever. I am willing to unscrew everything in that general area to see if perhaps the socket is in there somewhere (perhaps it came loose and needs to be relocated back into position).

What do you think??
Thanks

·
Breaking in the Pony
2019 Mustang GT / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
6,339 Posts
Well, I had an OBD plugin connected one time that I forgot was there, and when I got into the car I hit it and broke the plug free from the wall connector. It was pretty floppy, and could have slipped back if I pushed on it. But, when I broke off, it left the screw and a piece of the mounting stud in the pocket. Can you see where it should have screwed on when you look in there?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts