BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have a 320i (2006) and when I drive the car ~120 kph on the motorway after 30 minutes the ABS warning lights come on and the car starts braking itself (juddering). Usually the ABS just gets disabled automatically along with the airbag and I can continue to drive. Then once I return home to "normal" driving 0-100 kph the error resolves and the car drives normally with no warning lights.

Would it be possible to remove a fuse to disable the ABS or do I have to get the sensor(s) replaced?

Here are the errors I get when I plug in INPA

Thanks for your help,
villa89

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Yes they come back after I reset them. I can reset them drive the car normally without issue but then once I get it on the motorway for an extended period (20 mins+) the warning light and errors come back.

I haven't checked the battery but I think it's okay. There's never any issues starting the car even when I have it left up for 10 days without starting it.

I guess I'll have to bring it to a mechanic to get the ABS sensors replaced. :cry:

villa89

·
Registered
193 Posts
I suggest checking the voltage using a multimeter when the car has sat for some time and also while the engine is running.

The reason I ask is that 4 of the codes relate to the voltage:
1.) 93D0 - Under voltage
2.) A0B2 - Supply, terminal 30E
3.) 931D - System voltage
4.) 9CCE - Battery Deep Discharge

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Update: I reset the errors and these are the three that keep coming back. IT looks like it's the 5DC1 error that's the problem --> Wheel Sensor Rear Right

·
Registered
193 Posts
Looks like your rear right wheel sensor needs a fix. The other error 29DD is linked to this and should disappear with the fix.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts