BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I have a 2011 328i and I'm getting alignment done tomorrow. I was wondering what kind of alignment do you guys normal get for your cars? Do you guys normally have the technician to set the alignment at a certain range or do you just let them do their job?

The place that I plan to go said he doesn't add weights but recommends getting a full tank of gas. He also said he adjusts the vehicle to the outer specified range, since he found that it works best for maximum tire life. What does he mean by outer specified range.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
10,015 Posts

[here] is how BMW does it.

The truth is: Toe adjustable in front; camber and toe in the rear. Thrust angle should be zero. Google for typical alignment specs - many many examples.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

[here] is how BMW does it.

The truth is: Toe adjustable in front; camber and toe in the rear. Thrust angle should be zero. Google for typical alignment specs - many many examples.
Thanks. I didn't know there was a specific way to doing alignments for bmws I would just done the regular alignment

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
Getting new tires and I haven't done alignment in a long long long time at least1.5 years lol

One of my cars is on 3-rd set of tires and no alignment. and other about 2 years when I put new shocks.

If old tires where wearing evenly - I change tires and don't touch suspension. If it aren't broken....I just don't believe in preventive or routine alignments. Check - yes, adjustment no.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts