Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2011 E90 335i with CIC navigation head unit. Waiting for the car to be delivered and was thinking if I either needed some type of Bluetooth wireless device or if replacing the head unit with Android was necessary. Are the software updates sufficient for the CIC?
Can anyone recommend an optimum set up?

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
Optimimum for what at what price.
There is an idrive forum at e90post. Run you Vin number through one of the Free Vin checkers and it will list the options. What do you mean by bluetooth , bluetooth phone or bluetooth streaming? Everything is and option on a BMW.
You can update to one of the Newer OEM idrive units like NBT evo if you want to stay OEM .
Some people add piggy back android units.
There are reviews of these units at

AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software - E90Post - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum
Idrive info
ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion - E90Post - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum

E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums - E90Post - BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum
Also Google BMW NBT here and Internet wide and on Google

Replacing an entire Idrive/Nav ,with an aftermarket head unit is next to impossible on BMW because of the way it's integrated with the rest of the car. If you put anything in you would also have a dead screen hump in the middle of the dashboard.

and bimmertech for OEM retrofits.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts