BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening,

I live in Europe and i see lots of E90 with cloth instead of leather/leatherette.

Was this an option only avalaible to Europe?

Thanks,
Andi

·
Philosopher-king
2,194 Posts
I don't think you could ever order a cloth interior on an E9x delivered in the US -- just leather or vinyl. (An additional option was in the M3 which had an Alcantara option). At least one poster on this board managed to order an E46 with a cloth interior, but BMW USA has since slammed the door on special orders like that.

My guess has been that it was because a large proportion of BMWs delivered in the US are leased, and it's easier to clean a vinyl or leather interior on a lease return to resell it CPO than remove stains from cloth seats.

Cloth colors available to the Rest Of The World included beige, anthracite and grey.

The Rest Of The World could also order leather/cloth combinations, in addition to the choices of either vinyl or leather offered in the US.

When I ordered my car, I wanted either cloth or Alcantara seats. However, when I totaled up the cost of replacing the vinyl with cloth after delivery, just ordering the factory leather interior in the first place turned out to be much cheaper (not to mention easier!) The leather is okay. I'd still prefer cloth.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think you could ever order a cloth interior on an E9x delivered in the US -- just leather or vinyl. (An additional option was in the M3 which had an Alcantara option). At least one poster on this board managed to order an E46 with a cloth interior, but BMW USA has since slammed the door on special orders like that.

My guess has been that it was because a large proportion of BMWs delivered in the US are leased, and it's easier to clean a vinyl or leather interior on a lease return to resell it CPO than remove stains from cloth seats.

Cloth colors available to the Rest Of The World included beige, anthracite and grey.

The Rest Of The World could also order leather/cloth combinations, in addition to the choices of either vinyl or leather offered in the US.

When I ordered my car, I wanted either cloth or Alcantara seats. However, when I totaled up the cost of replacing the vinyl with cloth after delivery, just ordering the factory leather interior in the first place turned out to be much cheaper (not to mention easier!) The leather is okay. I'd still prefer cloth.
Yea I prefer cloth like you but I ve only seen it in black and it's pretty dull. The terra and beige leathet color is much more handsome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts